# 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Maggie
yes all you need to do to join is post

D
Old 12-23-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaggieJ View Post
I’d like to join, too. Just found this class of December, although I’ve been on SR for a few days now. Do you join by just posting?

I’m on day 17. How I’m going to get through the next week with the holidays is anyone’s guess but I’m feeling fairly focussed. I’ve spent so much time reading other people’s posts in the last few days. I am so happy to connect with people whose struggles with alcohol I can relate to. Seems no one else in my very alcohol-based social scene deals with the blackouts like I do, or the hangovers, or horrible embarrassment being reminded what I did when I was drunk. Thankful to find people here who experience what I do and read your stories.
Welcome MaggieJ..
Certainly is a challenging time, for me one that has been helped by the support of all the awesome people on this site..
Old 12-23-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

...thanks Red.
I'll be ok.....not gonna let that get to me at this point.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:18 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaggieJ View Post
I’d like to join, too. Just found this class of December, although I’ve been on SR for a few days now. Do you join by just posting?

I’m on day 17. How I’m going to get through the next week with the holidays is anyone’s guess but I’m feeling fairly focussed. I’ve spent so much time reading other people’s posts in the last few days. I am so happy to connect with people whose struggles with alcohol I can relate to. Seems no one else in my very alcohol-based social scene deals with the blackouts like I do, or the hangovers, or horrible embarrassment being reminded what I did when I was drunk. Thankful to find people here who experience what I do and read your stories.
Welcome Maggie. You already have seventeen days all by yourself - kudos!

In bold above:

Maybe - but I bet some of them secretly wish they didn't drink so much and have terrible regrets alongside the terrible hangovers? That's the thing - I think we feel we are the only ones that worry or have a dysfunctional relationship with alcohol, but I know that lots of people drink EVERY night at home where people cannot see them or their behaviour. How do I know? I only have to walk my dog around the village on recycling day to see all the empty wine and beer bottles in the disposal bins that are awaiting collection!
Old 12-23-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Day 22

I have to be honest - I'm not feeling emotionally fabulous. Don't get me wrong - I'm finding it easy not to drink. In fact it really hasn't crossed my mind as an option.

I'm just feeling a bit beat up. Somewhat regretful over choices I have made and time I have wasted.

To stretch an analogy - I'm trying to put my foot on the ball and survey the pitch for all the killer passes I could make. But whilst I'm doing so I can't help reflect on the fact that I've been on a team that has been on a losing streak for years.

I feel very sad about that. Regardless though:

I will not drink today.

Regards,

JT
Old 12-23-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Ezra, the porgs are really cute! You will love them. I’m with your son - the movie was great. My 16 year old son was being super critical. I loved all the animals in the movie - there were two other cool creatures as well. My current avatar is a crafty version of one of the others
Posting on phone so have to run. Hi everyone else!
I can't wait to see the movie. We will go sometime in January.

Well I made it through D AY five and a get together where others were drinking. I stuck with water, coffee and sprite zero. When offered wine (and given several options to choose from) I said "I'm designated driver." and when someone said "you can have one, it won t hurt." I said "I don't like to have any in my system if roads could be slippery" (it snowed today).
Old 12-23-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Hi I would like to join this class please
Old 12-23-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Welcome Vandermast!
Old 12-24-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome vandermast

I understand the feeling of regret Tony but I hope as time goes on, you'll find that the present means more than the past.

I've done more in the last ten years than I did in the previous twenty. That doesn't
make everything ok, but I no longer pine for or beat myself up over those lost years.

I like where I am now - and everything I've done good and bad has bought me here.

D
Old 12-24-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all on this xmas eve day x day 3

went and met my daughter yesterday was lovely seeing her again and her wee bump with peanut in there x we all kept ourselves bz and then past out in bed at 8-30 last night lol and yes past out sober xx

Hope u all have a good day today and lets try keep our chin up and think hey its xmas and i can do it sober x

welcome yet again to some new peeps x
Old 12-24-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

On Day 4 today. Feeling stronger and more resolute with each day that passes. Very early days I know but I'm optimistic.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Welcome everyone new!!!hello everyone it’s xmas eve here and I think some other places might already be Christmas so happy holidays to everyone thought I would check in only slept an hour last night my withdrawals and emotions are in overdrive right now it’s an unpleasant feeling I can’t give up because if I do I won’t stop drinking any time soon with everything goin on so another day sober I think it’s day 2 best wishes to everyone
Old 12-24-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Sorry to say I drank yesterday. I was out doing errands, knew I would be home alone and grabbed a bottle of wine to drink in the basement...gross!

Typically, I would no longer post, keep drinking and try again in another class. I would like to stay here. I feel connected with all of you and many of us have had bumps along the road this month.

Today is Christmas Eve. We will be going to friends later. They will not offer me drinks and it will be okay. Tomorrow will be a quiet day home with my family. I will get the first 2 days under my belt. Trying not to beat myself up. Thanks for listening

I love the idea of sober marine camp!!

Merry and sober Christmas to all xo
Old 12-24-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone in early recovery or otherwise peace strength & solidarity through the holidays this year

It's doable just remain pro active in your recovery & know as each year passes it gets easier & better every year sans life's curveballs

All the best to each & every one of you x
Old 12-24-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, happy Christmas eve!!

Red78: I'm so glad you loved every minute of the Last Jedi. I agree with you, it was fantastic. I'm going to see it again, without my kids this time, so no drama. For the last one (The Force Awakens), I saw it twice in the theater. The first time with my kids and the second time alone, and it was even better the second time. I'm thinking this movie will be the same!

Ezra: Going to see it in January is a good idea. It will be around a while and it will be less crowded. Our theater was completely packed!

LoveHoops: I'm glad you are staying in this class. We like you here. Don't beat yourself up, it does no good - there are many days left in December to be sober and start the new year right.

I had a really interesting night last night. First I watched a movie at home with my son (A Christmas Story) which I had seen before but he had not. It was really fun and put us in the Christmas spirit. He loved it! It really is a funny and charming movie. My other two kids love it as well.

Then I took my daughter to a very deep and spiritual yoga class honoring the winter solstice. It was two hours long, very wonderful and relaxing with a guided meditation at the end. We were asked to set an intention and ask for something out of the practice - I focused on healing. My daughter really loved it and so did I. It ended past 11:00 pm so I was up late, but it was really worth it.

Now I have to get up kind of early and go food shopping. I have all 3 of my teen kids at my house right now and have to stock up on food for the next couple of days. They eat a lot and make a lot of messes. I am constantly cleaning the kitchen and running the dishwasher. But it's happy to have them all here.

I have to be honest, it hasn't been very challenging for me to not drink these past 12 days. It has been pretty easy and I'm hoping that means that I'm truly ready to let go. I have had too many Day 1's in my life and I don't want to go back there. Leave the past in the past and move forward.

Hope all are enjoying this Sunday - it will be a busy and (hopefully) fun one here.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, All! Happy Christmas Eve!
Old 12-24-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry to say I drank yesterday. I was out doing errands, knew I would be home alone and grabbed a bottle of wine to drink in the basement...gross!

Typically, I would no longer post, keep drinking and try again in another class. I would like to stay here. I feel connected with all of you and many of us have had bumps along the road this month.

Today is Christmas Eve. We will be going to friends later. They will not offer me drinks and it will be okay. Tomorrow will be a quiet day home with my family. I will get the first 2 days under my belt. Trying not to beat myself up. Thanks for listening

I love the idea of sober marine camp!!

Merry and sober Christmas to all xo
Stay with Lovehoops - you had a blip. I've had so many of those over the years they aren't orth counting. We'll get it right this time.

Is there something you can identify that you could do differently to help you?
Old 12-24-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Day five and feeling great!
Old 12-24-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind words tony and Juno..I cannot give in to my AV. I must be stronger. I know I won't drink the next 2 days bc I won't be alone So I will have over 48 hours in by the time Christmas is over.

I am hoping with the new year will come some peace and direction for me. I need it on so many levels.

Juno, I wish I could have gone to that yoga class. It sounds wonderful. I really want to take up yoga. That was a goal for 2017 but I chose drinking instead .

I wish you all a emery Christmas..I will check in when I can
Thanks for your support xo
Old 12-24-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

This certainly is a difficult time for those of us in early recovery, but, it is possible to remain sober with the right tools. Right now, I read a chapter of my Bible when I get an urge. It's amazing how relevant some passages are to what I'm going through. I hope each of us can find that "something" that will us through the cravings and temptations...

Day 16 for me today. I'm still not feeling 100% but I'm not "dead in bed" sick. I was so busy yesterday shopping, baking, cleaning and wrapping that I didn't stop until 2AM! There is no way I could have done that had I been drinking. Plus, I felt no need to "escape" with a nap. I was super productive and loved it!

It's the morning of Christmas Eve here and I have a list of things I need to do before I leave to spend the night with my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughters. I love that they include me in their celebrations. I'll probably stay for dinner tomorrow and get home late. Tuesday, I'll have Christmas again with my grandson who lives with me, his brother and his girlfriend. I'm not sure if my other live in "grandchild" will be here, but hopefully, he'll be celebrating with his family.

I was able to read through most of the posts since my last post and am really enjoying getting to know everyone. My prayers and thoughts are with each and everyone, that we can enjoy our holiday without any temptations or slips.

Well, off to work on my list for today and get ready for my trip!

Merry Christmas!