Notices

Back again

Old 12-21-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

I'm here to try and get sober again....I'm ruining my life. I went back to drinking as I thought I had everything under control...now i sit here after I spent a bunch of money and argued with my wife over the day. I feel sick. I feel like I lost the feeling of being happy...besides having the high of a buzz. All i get from it is being drunk and making bad choices...there has to be happiness through something else because alcohol is gonna ruin me. I already lost my license after having a DUI. Life has to change for me
Old 12-21-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey. So sorry that you relapsed. But hang in there. I am only on day one and I know I have a long and rough road ahead of me. I know relapsing is a real possibility. But I will try my best. And I am sure you will too. Keep plugging away.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome back! You are taking the right step. Have you created a plan? Maybe a list of the all the things that drinking has done to ruin your life plans. Then a New Year Plan of goals you want to achieve in 2018.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back toughroad
any ideas yet on how you might stay sober this time?

D
Old 12-21-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd suggest posting for support, both in the Class of December and the 24 hour recovery connection thread. It helps to affirm your commitment to sobriety every day.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes I'm putting a plan together. I didn't put the effort into staying sober before but I will now. I have a long list of reasons not to drink. It's to the point that that's all people think of me is just a drunk. I've embarrassed myself half my adult life but I've continued to drink. As years blow by and I'm getting older I've definitely see life passing me by. I want to live and enjoy life besides hangovers and regrets
Old 12-22-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How have we got to the point where all we think about it drinking or recovering from drinking??? I want a new life...
Old 12-22-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
How have we got to the point where all we think about it drinking or recovering from drinking??? I want a new life...
It's tough...I feel that way all the time...I had a hard time making a run somewhere and not want to grab a drink on my way home...take it day by day...my plan is that I won't drink today...and to stack those days
Old 12-22-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Toughroad1209 View Post
Life has to change for me
Life isn't going to change for us. WE change.

Make the changes you need to make to support your decision to quit drinking. Whatever you thought you didn't have to do to get sober--detox, rehab, AA--time to change. Recover is about action. If you haven't been "working" on your sobriety, time to change that.