Notices

I like sobriety

Old 12-19-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I like sobriety

Hello just checking in, there's a bunch of new and exciting things that I am doing nowadays to continue in my active sobriety. I do two meetings a day. I got a sponsor. I'm starting my own in a group in the morning because there is a need for a meeting in the morning. I would set up right now is that there's four different meetings in five different places. The NA meeting that I'm starting is going to be Monday through Friday in the morning and one location which is cool. Also I am trying to start a autism Support Group which I am waiting to hear back on. Plus volunteering for H&I. The sober life is good. I'm not saying that life is easier, I still have struggles, when relapse is off the table, the sober solution I can stand confidently in.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Great news!
What is H&l?
Old 12-19-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Hospitals and institutions. Bringing meetings jails, hospitals, sober living facilities, inpatient rehab centers, etc.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You got it. Service, awesomeness
Old 12-19-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great. I have said before that I believe it truly helps if one likes being sober. Makes it a little tiny bit easier.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's great! You are getting so involved.

One note: make sure that you either apply/set up a meeting to meet required standards or call them something different other than an AA or NA meeting. Ex; I run a recovery group for restaurant people suffering with alcohol or drug addiction and it is not an NA/AA meeting because it is aimed at getting solutions and care for ALL struggling with these addictions, regardless of the method. Our structure is loosely built on AA, for example, in terms of having a topic for discussion when needed v just open format.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sober style

Sobriety is awesome! The gift we can give ourselves that will keep on giving every minute of every day. Can't beat it!
Old 12-20-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That’s so nice to hear👍
Old 12-20-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Me too!!!

It was really exhausting to drink. Putting up with a hangover and the shame and the mental turmoil. I am so much better off now and definitely happier. It was all about changing my state of mind and my perception of what sobriety really is. Instead of looking at it as a door shutting I have always looked at it as a door opening. Once that happened everything clicked.

Thanks for the reminder!!!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
That's great! You are getting so involved.

One note: make sure that you either apply/set up a meeting to meet required standards or call them something different other than an AA or NA meeting. Ex; I run a recovery group for restaurant people suffering with alcohol or drug addiction and it is not an NA/AA meeting because it is aimed at getting solutions and care for ALL struggling with these addictions, regardless of the method. Our structure is loosely built on AA, for example, in terms of having a topic for discussion when needed v just open format.
That is so awesome.

Great that you’re open to a mixed format to be all inclusive. I know how dedicated to AA that you are. So many advocate what worked for them, then advocate it for anyone getting sober. This attitude definitely applies to secular as well as 12 Step.

I’m a firm believer in some kind of group work in sobriety, whatever it is.

Good on ya.

I don’t like sobriety. I love it.