SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A long terrible relapse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420539-long-terrible-relapse.html)

Wastinglife 12-19-2017 12:59 PM

A long terrible relapse

For the last year, I have been on my worst bender yet. I had 2 brushes with death and multiple ER and detox trips. I am very lucky not not to have been arrested as for the first time in my life I began shoplifting and purposely walking out on bar tabs out of desperation. I also lost a job and ruined 2 separate budding realtionships. I spent thousands of dollars on my drinking lifestyle and am broke again. I have no doubt I will die if I don"t stop for good

I need your support SR

Anna 12-19-2017 01:05 PM

Welcome back!

I'm sorry that you've had such a tough year, and I'm glad you survived and are back here for support.

mrrryahj 12-19-2017 01:10 PM

Hey WL. I took a long break from SR as well and my old account wasn't working anymore. But I remember you. I'm so glad you're back.

As long as you are alive and breathing today, you have another chance. A chance to change everything. Even though I'm sure you are battling depression or urges or whatever early sobriety looks like for you, it WILL get better. As long as you put one foot in front of the other, don't be afraid to ask for help, and keep moving forward.

You can do this - not alone - but you can do this. I believe in you.

ScottFromWI 12-19-2017 01:23 PM

welcome back - how can we help?

least 12-19-2017 01:40 PM

Glad you're giving yourself another chance to change your life for the better. :)

JustTony 12-19-2017 02:51 PM

Here to help and support.

Hevyn 12-19-2017 03:00 PM

You are finally ready to get free of it, and we're so glad you're here. I understand how you're feeling - at the end of my drinking career I was doing reckless, insane things. It was so good to finally put an end to the dangerous life I'd been living. You can do it, wastingtime.

Dee74 12-19-2017 03:10 PM

I';m glad you made it back wl :)

There's unlimited help and support here. You need a plan tho - how do you think you might stay sober now?

D

PalmerSage 12-19-2017 03:23 PM

I absolutely remember you (I had a different name, but we were in the same class at one point: 2014? Crazy). I too have relapsed despite a sober stint last year. Let's get back on track together. :)

Wastinglife 12-19-2017 04:00 PM

Thanks everyone. I am going back to AA for starters. Taking it one day at a time. When I am drinking, I become a different person. A pathological liar. A manipulator. Obnoxious. I don't understand that side of me. I just want to be my normal self again.

RUL23 12-19-2017 04:04 PM

[QUOTE= I just want to be my normal self again.[/QUOTE]

You're heading in the right direction! Nice to meet you. You got this!

Verdantia 12-19-2017 06:21 PM

Hello, wl--I'm very glad you're back and ready for sobriety. You never have to feel this way again. You have my support and I wish you all the best on your sober journey.

FreeOwl 12-19-2017 06:34 PM

hey there wastinglife..... I'm glad you're back with us.

You can turn this around.

EMBRACE SOBRIETY NOW!!!

Then, in the next now.... repeat that.

And again....

And again.....

Diving deeper and hugging on stronger each time.

:)

:grouphug:

soberandhonest 12-19-2017 06:47 PM

Welcome back to SR, wastinglife! Time spent here is most certainly worth your while. I'm sending support your way. Make a plan, follow the plan, man. One foot before the other, one moment at a time. You can do this.

Done4today 12-19-2017 07:14 PM

Welcome back WL,

Sounds like you are willing and ready for a change. Since you're going to AA, Get a sponsor and start working the steps while you are desperate. Good luck WL, you can do this.

emme99 12-19-2017 07:44 PM

I'm glad you're back Wastinglife :)

Conquest 12-19-2017 07:53 PM

Smart move to come back! Stay close!

MythOfSisyphus 12-20-2017 01:19 AM

It's good to see you back, Wastinglife. Just in time, it sounds like.:grouphug:

ChloeRose63 12-20-2017 01:48 AM

Glad to meet you, Wl. Good to see you are taking those steps for change.

theVman31 12-20-2017 02:24 AM

Welcome back WaistingLife.
Hope you keep posting and getting help.