Notices

Fake Wine

Old 12-20-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Wine was my thing too. I never drank cocktails. I just fancy trying something a bit different over Christmas, and things that my 2 young girls can help me make and also drink. I am absolutely not pretending to drink, I actually make a point of telling people I don't drink/no longer drink, I am not ashamed of it (I'm proud of it).
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I didn't previously drink to get drunk, I liked the taste of the wine, but over time I drank too much & ended up on a bottle a day. I walked into my GP, admitted it & got an alcohol counsellor before things got any worse.
Anyway, rambling on....
Old 12-20-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I did, a couple years ago for one of our parties, a layer punch, the kids and adults loved, it was grenadine on the bottom (highest sugar content goes on bottom), concentrated orange juice, ginger ale and floated pink sorbet balls on the top. It was super pretty, it stayed kind of separate , although the kids were a lot younger and very thirsty, so not for too long!

I do this for the kids parties,
http://makebakecelebrate.com/sprinkle-rimmed-glasses/
*Note if using a plastic glass, rim first with a bit of icing, then the candies will stick on better

This looks fun!
Grinch Punch Simplistically Living

Martha Stewart has 11 options. https://www.marthastewart.com/274425...holiday-drinks

Personally, when I indulge, I am actually a huge fan of the Italian sodas, blood orange is probably my favourite!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

These look great, thanks Mylittlehorsie! Perfect ideas for the festive season! Definitely a sugar indulgence!