Notices

Surgery

Old 12-17-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Surgery

Hi, my boyfriend and I are both in recovery, I am looking for guidance because my boyfriend is having major surgery in two days. He's drug of choice is not mine, but I have never none him in active addiction, so I do not know exactly what to look for. I will be holding his medicine after the surgery, but I am scared that he might use my ignorance to his drug of choice and not knowing how much pain he will be in as a way to get more. I meet with my Spencer tomorrow to set up safe guards for me and hopefully him as well. I have never been in this position and a scared that I could possibly lose the man I love to his addiction . Just hoping to get some constructive feed back. Please and thank you. Kim
Old 12-17-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi kimerlea

None of us know your bf as well as you do...do you have any real concrete grounds for fearing a relapse from your bf or it is just a general fear based on his (and your) past history?

D
Old 12-17-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, he relapsed after 14 years, after having his shoulder operated on, prior to us getting together. I guess I was hoping maybe someone else had some past experience with a similar situation.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure others will

D