Notices

Technical ?. Not sure where else to post?

Old 12-17-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Technical ?. Not sure where else to post?

I know that you can see members past posts/started threads on here. However, some are hidden. How do I do that? I don't need reminders about my past behavior or stuff I've said/did. If I'm talking about an issue, it is active, and I want that to be the focus. How can I ensure my previous stuff is unseen? Is it possible? It is detrimental to me at this point. Thank you.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Double post.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've had this discussion before with another member but I'm sorry - you're mistaken babescake.

Posts and threads aren't routinely hidden or removed, not even on request.

Here's rule 14.

14. Members are responsible for their own actions, what they post and who they share their information with, here and outside of SR. They are reminded that anyone can read here, people don't have to join SR in order to read what is written. Only under rare circumstances will Administrators here edit what has been written as it is not fair to other members who have taken the time and thought to respond and for the smooth continuity of running these forums.
Please be careful with what you post because we can't remove posts/threads on the basis of something like embarrassment.

I don't need reminders about my past behavior or stuff I've said/did.
But those threads may be incredibly useful to someone else.
I think, in time, you'll find them useful too.

Dee
SR
Old 12-17-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't need reminders about my past behavior or stuff I've said/did. If I'm talking about an issue, it is active, and I want that to be the focus. How can I ensure my previous stuff is unseen? Is it possible? It is detrimental to me at this point. Thank you.
My drinking bought me shame and embarrassment and that fed on itself...and more drinking.

I really think you should consider the idea that past threads aren't really the problem here babescake?
Old 12-17-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Why, when I click on certain members' history, nothing comes up? And it shows a post date of joining from many years prior and I've seen them active previously? That is what I'm confused about. It doesn't seem standard across the board. If they have that ability, then I want it too. I'm not ashamed of my posts. I just don't like the twistedness that can occur with them.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by Babescake View Post
Why, when I click on certain members' history, nothing comes up? And it shows a post date of joining from many years prior and I've seen them active previously? That is what I'm confused about. It doesn't seem standard across the board. If they have that ability, then I want it too. I'm not ashamed of my posts. I just don't like the twistedness that can occur with them.

Are you sure you're not visiting their public profile rather than clicking on "find more posts by _____" link?
Old 12-17-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dcg View Post
Are you sure you're not visiting their public profile rather than clicking on "find more posts by _____" page?
Yes, it isn't a one time deal and has happened over a lengthy course of time. I'm not tech illerate either. I'd give examples but in a PM as I'm not outing members here.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

If they have that ability, then I want it too.
No one has that ability.

Feel free to PM me or Anna with examples of what you're talking about.

D
Old 12-17-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by Babescake View Post
Yes, it isn't a one time deal and has happened over a lengthy course of time. I'm not tech illerate either. I'd give examples but in a PM as I'm not outing members here.
PM me. I'm interested. So far, like all other ubb forums, nothing is amiss here.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I will PM you Babes.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I assure everyone that all members are treated equally here. There is no provision for some members to hide posts/threads.

And, as Dee posted, our rule tells you we do not remove posts/threads.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

PMs sent. Maybe it is an issue on my part. I just wanted to bring it up because if some accounts received that treatment, I wanted the same. Thanks.