SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Neighbor fixed hot water. STRUGGLING not to drink on payday. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420164-neighbor-fixed-hot-water-struggling-not-drink-payday.html)

sweetichick 12-11-2017 05:14 PM

Neighbor fixed hot water. STRUGGLING not to drink on payday.

I have been to 4 aa meetings this week. Bought 2 bottles on impulse. Decided to do 90 meetings in 90 days. Don't know why I am even posting. Its ground hog day as everyone keeps saying. Can't afford this. Had 3 hours sleep last night. I argued with my neighbor for an hour over that aa does work. Hoping not to drink these bottles so I can go to Aa tonight

Horn95 12-11-2017 05:32 PM

Pour them out now.

Horn95 12-11-2017 05:34 PM

Better yet. Return them and get your money back.

JScatt 12-11-2017 05:46 PM

The same neighbor that sabotaged it ?

least 12-11-2017 05:51 PM

Pick your battles. No need to argue with the neighbor about AA. Pour out the two bottles and get to a meeting. You know in your heart you don't want to drink.

Dee74 12-11-2017 06:38 PM

Get rid of the bottles. Pour them out.
That's the priority sweetichick.

D

Babescake 12-11-2017 09:05 PM

I feel like twinsies in our rationales SC. We can live without the booze, but they still feel good so it is hard to give up the chemical effects. Triggered by others (your neighbor, my husband). I think we live opposite lives on opposite continents, but I will be your sober buddy if u want one. PM me. I have faced challenges too and maybe a more private, direct support while making a new friend would be good for the both of us?

JustTony 12-11-2017 09:08 PM

Please pour those bottles down the drain. Nothing in them will make you feel better.

Feeling so genuinely sad to read your struggle.

I repeat. Please pour them away.

Delilah1 12-11-2017 10:38 PM

Hi Sweetichick,

Glad you are posting, sad that you bought two bottles today. If you return them to the store it will be a little more money you are keeping for other things (bills, food....). Also, I thought you were working on distance from your neighbor, you do. If need that drama in your life.

Pressmetilihurt 12-11-2017 10:42 PM

Do you have any AA numbers? Call and maybe they’ll come pour out the bottles. Don’t trust yourself.

ReadyAtLast 12-11-2017 10:56 PM

Returning the bottles is a great idea or gift them or pour them out. You won't feel better for drinking.

Your aa attendance is none of your neighbours business. Nothing you do is his business. Distancing yourself from him is in your power.

Zanna 12-11-2017 11:01 PM

I suspect your neighbor is like mine - a narcissist and nothing would give him greater pleasure, than to see you failing. Don't give him the satisfaction x

Berrybean 12-12-2017 11:01 AM

How you doing Sweetiechick?

Hope you chose AA over your neighbour. He sounds a right piece of work.

BB

sweetichick 12-13-2017 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Berrybean (Post 6705585)
How you doing Sweetiechick?

Hope you chose AA over your neighbour. He sounds a right piece of work.

BB

Hey Bb . Going to another meeting tonight. Even if I haven't cooked tea which I have today I am going no matter what. I told him I refuse to talk to him re Aa as he doesn't understand.

Forward12 12-13-2017 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by sweetichick (Post 6707215)
Hey Bb . Going to another meeting tonight. Even if I haven't cooked tea which I have today I am going no matter what. I told him I refuse to talk to him re Aa as he doesn't understand.

Excuses are a dime a dozen, stop drinking and do the right thing. We have your back :headbang:

sweetichick 12-13-2017 08:59 PM

Thanks Forward

August252015 12-14-2017 05:38 AM

Sweetichick - I am with the others regarding not getting/keeping any alcohol, and going to meetings.

I do have to ask a question, meant respectfully and in sincere support for your sobriety:

Do you really want to quit drinking? Quit living with the drama you share in every thread you post?

Recovery and peace are possible, but YOU have to CHOOSE such a new life.

Take care.

Midwest1981 12-14-2017 08:22 AM

I hope you got rid of the wine! Stay away from the neighbor he sounds like a trigger for you. I have a neighbor I have decided I am not going to answer the door for him anymore. My husband can if he wants but I am not going too.

When I was drinking I attracted people who used me. Now that I am sober they don't understand why they can't walk on me anymore.

I hope you have a good day. :)