Notices

Crack cocaine severe addiction.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good luck buddy. Many prayers you find your way. You have an experience that can help many others. They need you to get sober to be there. Your past is an asset once you get sober.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

You realize that you have no control over drugs and that your life has become (TOTALLY) unmanageable, and you want to change.

That is Step 1. It's universal to addicts who get sober.

Congratulations. You've already started on your way.

You need an advocate to help you do it.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AddictedScum View Post
The night before last I went to bed, I woke up at about 5 am and vomited terribly all over my bed, I put the covers in the washing machine and turned it on, then my electric ran out. I got into a sleeping bag and woke up at 7 pm. I felt terrible, I had missed my methadone pick up, but I knew that night at 12 am I would have my social security benefits go into my account, I shuffled around the streets desperately trying to kill time till 12 am, thinking only of heroin and crack cocaine, I felt like I needed it. It finally went in, around 250 pounds of tax payers money and I spent it all on crack and heroin. Now it's the next day and I don't have a penny, no electricity no food, it's like I have no self control. My life is one big mess. I don't know what to do, I was looking into an organisation called Christians Against Poverty and they offer a service where they can look after your money and make sure you get what you need, I'm waiting for their help line to open. Sorry I let all you guys down again, I bet you feel like you wasted your breath and I'm Reay sorry.
You didn't let us down. Honesty is one of the keys to recovery and you're practicing it here. Read around in this thread and on this forum. There are lots of ideas and examples here which I believe could help you out. Having an (upstanding) organization help you with the basics of living at this point like you're in the process of doing sounds like a good idea to me. There's nothing wrong with getting help - we're all here because we need help living in recovery. If we didn't we wouldn't be here.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't feel let down and I never feel I've wasted my breath.

You're back which means, to me, you really do want change.

A few 12 step meetings could help - they're nearly everywhere and they're free? Another layer of support?

I hope you can sort something out for the essentials til next pay AS.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My addiction hasn't relented, I sold my phone and pretty much everything of value, my parents have disowned me because of all the money I conned out of them to fund my binges, I sold my methadone so I could buy crack and spent Christmas in withdrawals. I think I'm just a write off
Old 12-29-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I want you to listen to me and listen to me good. You are NOT a write off, do you hear me? You are not a write off. You are here, which indicates you want to change. Addiction is a bitch. I cannot tell you the times I have relapsed. It has been horrible and disheartening but I have come back each time to try again because I want a better life. You do too. You wouldn't be here posting if you didn't.
Everytime I have come back people here have welcomed me and have offered hope, support and advice. The biggest advice I got was that I needed a plan to stay sober. I honestly felt like it was stupid at first. I just thought wanting it was enough. But after many failures I decided to give this plan a try. My plan for example involves getting regular exercise, eating at least three times a day, healthy stuff, reading here on SR daily, checking in with my AA sponsor, keeping my house completely alcohol free, among other things.
What would your plan look like? It sounds like you are already checking out something about controlling your money, that is a good start. What will you do about cravings? Are there certain places you shouldn't go? People you shouldn't talk to?
Do you need help coming up with a plan? We can help. Let us know.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I’m an ancholic and my parents spent 7000 on treatment for me addicted scum, I got 7 months sober and relapsed, felt I left everyone including myself does and wasted all there money, gave up all hope and 3 weeks ago I decided I’d give aa another proper honest go, I’m after my first sober Xmas in 20 years and my best one at that, you can do it addicted scum, just be careful around the withdrawals and detox, when you get through that get good people around you , delete all other numbers, move away if that’s what it takes, we have to be willing to go to any lengths, best of luck
Old 12-29-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I want you to listen to me and listen to me good. You are NOT a write off, do you hear me? You are not a write off. You are here, which indicates you want to change. Addiction is a bitch. I cannot tell you the times I have relapsed. It has been horrible and disheartening but I have come back each time to try again because I want a better life. You do too. You wouldn't be here posting if you didn't.
Everytime I have come back people here have welcomed me and have offered hope, support and advice. The biggest advice I got was that I needed a plan to stay sober. I honestly felt like it was stupid at first. I just thought wanting it was enough. But after many failures I decided to give this plan a try. My plan for example involves getting regular exercise, eating at least three times a day, healthy stuff, reading here on SR daily, checking in with my AA sponsor, keeping my house completely alcohol free, among other things.
What would your plan look like? It sounds like you are already checking out something about controlling your money, that is a good start. What will you do about cravings? Are there certain places you shouldn't go? People you shouldn't talk to?
Do you need help coming up with a plan? We can help. Let us know.
Very wise advice. You are not scum, you are simply VERY desperate. We have all been there in some form. You can do this, and you are not doing it alone. Please stay close.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AddictedScum View Post
Thanks Bro I appreciate your support. I just need some self control
No....self-control has nothing to do with recovery. If all we needed was self-control....none of us would be addicts. I suggest rehab. Seriously....