Notices

Taper done 24hrs done

Old 12-10-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taper done 24hrs done

Day one done it’s been 25hrs since my last drink.Slightly uncomfortable hearts palpitating but otherwise ok.Panic/anxiety still an issue but learning to control my breathing has helped loads.Looking forward to this being my last day 1 and never going through withdrawals again.One day at a time is all I can plan for now so glad I found this sight.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by Livlib View Post
Day one done it’s been 25hrs since my last drink.Slightly uncomfortable hearts palpitating but otherwise ok.Panic/anxiety still an issue but learning to control my breathing has helped loads.Looking forward to this being my last day 1 and never going through withdrawals again.One day at a time is all I can plan for now so glad I found this sight.
How fast did you taper? I just came off a 10-day taper and no withdrawals (now day 7 totally off). Congrats on day one, keep it up!
Old 12-10-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Feel for you!! Hang in there and post often. It’s very helpful during these hard times. Hugs.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Livlib

If you feel ok, thats great - but don't hesitate to see a Dr if you feel you might need one

D
Old 12-10-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi livlib glad you found SR too. It has been a Huge help in getting to a month sober. You can do this!!
Old 12-11-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Taper

Originally Posted by dcg View Post
How fast did you taper? I just came off a 10-day taper and no withdrawals (now day 7 totally off). Congrats on day one, keep it up!
My taper was probably the slowest and longest ever.I waited till each time I reduced my intake for any symptoms to calm down then reduced again.For me it was the first time I’d ever experienced full blown withdrawals that scared me enough to fully commit to ridding myself of this poison.I had a few false starts drank to control the anxiety ect then 2 wks ago I realised that the two drinks I was stuck at weren’t helping anymore and were just prolonging my discomfort.So I’d say 2 weeks and man what a difference after I hit only one drink a night.My barrier was my fear that I wouldn’t get through the withdrawals but on Day 2 and I’m so happy.Not easy but taking that first step is huge.Congrats on 7 Days that’s awesome
Old 12-11-2017, 12:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Doctors

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Livlib

If you feel ok, thats great - but don't hesitate to see a Dr if you feel you might need one

D
Thanks Dee but after my two experiences with Doctors I’ll avoid at all costs our NHS is so out of whack.If needed my sis will take me to A&E but I’m hoping my long taper has done its job.Feeling ok better than yesterday heart palpitations have stopped but then I do love coffee so that’s probably not helping either.Heres to hitting day 3 👍🏻
Old 12-11-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Congrats! Tapers are VERY hard to do successfully!

So you've detoxed. What's your recovery plan?
Old 12-11-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Plan

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post

I agree tapering was hard but right now my plan is one day at a time I’ve got a few days/weeks of detoxing to get through befo
Old 12-11-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Plan

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post

I agree tapering was hard but right now my plan is one day at a time I’ve got a few days/weeks of detoxing to get through before I think about plans.I just want to get through this part safely for now that’s my only goal.My kindle and reading are my coping tool it’s working so far 👍🏻
Old 12-11-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Livlib View Post
I agree tapering was hard but right now my plan is one day at a time I’ve got a few days/weeks of detoxing to get through befo
Sorry bendy iPhone screen does what it likes if I’ve had it in my pocket hence the cut off lol
Old 12-11-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree tapering was hard but right now my plan is one day at a time I’ve got a few days/weeks of detoxing to get through before I think about plans.
I'll let you have the NHS point - thats your call - but I disagree here.

Some many people put plans off I think because they hope they can stay sober on will power alone and wing it without too many obvious life changes.

That rarely ends well.

Plans are essential and you need to start thinking about yours right away.

Sure it's easy not to drink when you feel bad, but If you wait until you feel well to think about plans, it may already be too late to stop a cravings ambush.

It's not particularly onerous to start a plan - just a little thought and time.

There's a good starting link here.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)