Notices

Just out of treatment - still shaky

Old 12-11-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
it's not at all unusual to have all manner of odd physical symptoms and issues for the first year of sobriety. Shakiness, moodiness, depression, anxiety, strange sweatiness, sexual issues, emotional issues, weakness, boredom, loneliness, anger, frustration, grief, fear, weight gain, weight loss, panic attacks, blissfulness, extra energy, not enough energy.....

you name it - it can happen during sobriety's transformation from addiction to living life.

as has been mentioned - if you have physical concerns; speak with a doctor. If you experience emotional or psychological concerns; get yourself a qualified therapist.

Keep at it, keep supporting your sobriety and you'll be free!
Great words of advice and insight. Thank you! Today isn’t as bad as yesterday. I just feel like everyone around me can see me trembling and it’s embarrassing.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I did five weeks in rehab and had withdrawal symptoms for about 45 days after that, which gradually tapered off. It's normal.

But talk to your doctor. As someone mentioned above, it could be another medication.

A doctor, preferably a psychiatrist with experience in addiction, should be part of your recovery if at all possible.

Are you home now? I see you're looking for sober living, but I'm surprised that the rehab facility wasn't able to help you arrange that before you left. I have a dog and a house that needed tending, so I went home. Many of the people I was in rehab with who went home relapsed, did another inpatient stint, and are now in sober living. Get there as fast as possible.

Congrats on your sobriety. Please realize that it's probably very fragile at this point, particularly if you are not in some sort of structured environment. Your rehab plan should be as specific as possible. Decide on how many meetings you will attend each week and have a plan for which meetings. Schedules are good.

If a follow-up Intensive Outpatient Program is available, I would strongly suggest you do it. My rehab was 12 Step based, my IOP was cognitive based, referred by my psychiatrist, and also covered by my insurance, it was dual-diagnosis to deal with the underlying bipolar disorder along with the addiction. Rehab had cleared the insurance before I left. I credit this program as being essential to my sobriety, not sure if I could have stayed sober otherwise.

Individual therapy is also an option.

Hopefully your doctor can give you some answers about your continued WD symptoms, as well as help with your ongoing treatment. If possible, it shouldn't end when inpatient ends.

Keep checking in!
Hi there! No, I’m not looking for sober living. I have a great job and apartment in Nashville with sober support so I don’t feel I need that. I may consider IOP if it comes to that, but I think I’ll be ok.

I already have individual therapy set up in Nashville -my treatment facility was phenomenal with my after care plan! And yes, I’ve absolutely realized the importance of schedules. Between A.A. meetings, church, volunteering, gym and yoga I’ll be headed in the right direction.

Thank you SO Much. I’m utilizing all my “tools” to their fullest extent! One day at a time