SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   30 Beautiful Sober Days... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420092-30-beautiful-sober-days.html)

wildflower70 12-10-2017 09:35 AM

30 Beautiful Sober Days...

Hi everyone,

I have finally reached 30 full days of being clean and sober. I have been a habitual relapser for the past two years, and now I plan to do things differently. I had 8 sober months 2 years ago, and thought I was done with this for the rest of my life. I made the mistake of thinking I was ready for big decisions such as starting a new relationship, new job, and spending time with my family (all of these are huge triggers for me!). This time I have made the commitment to focus only on me, my health, well-being, and my sobriety. I will not make any big decisions for a minimum of 1 year, as I believe that is how long I will need to feel strong enough to tackle any changes.

If you are struggling to get clean, trust me that if I can do this (after 30 years of partying), so can you. It does get better, you will feel pure joy again, and you can take control of your health and happiness!
Thank you SR for being a tremendous support, bless you all! :tyou

Strugglingtoget 12-10-2017 09:42 AM

Wow!

Big time congratulations! What a great milestone!
I too have been struggling to get that far and kept relapsing at 3-4 days and 9 days. For years!!
Now I have 26.5 days!
With God痴 Grace I will follow your lead!

wildflower70 12-10-2017 09:47 AM

Hi struggling,

Your almost there! Doesn't it feel great to:
Wake up refreshed
Be able to drive..anytime
Let go of guilt and shame
Feel healthy and happy
Remember everything

I'm so happy you are breaking the relapse cycle, were in this together!

:You_Rock_

Strugglingtoget 12-10-2017 09:56 AM

Thanks

:tyou

least 12-10-2017 10:10 AM

Congrats on the first of many sober months! :scoregood Keep going, it gets better. :)

Fusion 12-10-2017 10:15 AM

Congratulations Wildflower! I can attest to it getting better, at one year and three months, the benefits are accumulating and I simply dont know how I lived in that less than half-life before. Sober is awesomeness!

nova84 12-10-2017 12:44 PM

Congratulations wildflower on 30 days :Flower:

SoberLeigh 12-10-2017 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by wildflower70 (Post 6703272)
Hi everyone,

I have finally reached 30 full days of being clean and sober. I have been a habitual relapser for the past two years, and now I plan to do things differently. I had 8 sober months 2 years ago, and thought I was done with this for the rest of my life. I made the mistake of thinking I was ready for big decisions such as starting a new relationship, new job, and spending time with my family (all of these are huge triggers for me!). This time I have made the commitment to focus only on me, my health, well-being, and my sobriety. I will not make any big decisions for a minimum of 1 year, as I believe that is how long I will need to feel strong enough to tackle any changes.

If you are struggling to get clean, trust me that if I can do this (after 30 years of partying), so can you. It does get better, you will feel pure joy again, and you can take control of your health and happiness!
Thank you SR for being a tremendous support, bless you all! :tyou

Well done, wildflower. Be proud of yourself.

Keep on.

Anna 12-10-2017 01:01 PM

Congratulations on 30 days sober!

And, good job on recognizing what works and doesn't work in your life.

Opivotal 12-10-2017 03:54 PM

Congratulations, wildflower!

30 days is fantastic. :You_Rock_

Dee74 12-10-2017 04:12 PM

Really glad to read this wildflower congratulations :)

D

24violets 12-10-2017 08:06 PM

Hi wildflower, I知 24violets, congratulations!! I知 30 days today too. SR is a lifesaver. I知 so happy for you!

wildflower70 12-10-2017 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by 24violets (Post 6703821)
Hi wildflower, I知 24violets, congratulations!! I知 30 days today too. SR is a lifesaver. I知 so happy for you!

WAY TO GO 24VIOLETS!

I am also making a commitment to post here when I feel like I'm slipping, and we all know the AV can be very sneaky! I am reminding myself every morning what that last drunk felt like, hiding wine bottles in my closet (out of shame, not necessity) and missing a week of work, at a job I love and the feelings of anxiety and paranoia. I also do a short list of the benefits of sobriety, sort of like the one I posted below...simple and straight forward.

Tonight was my work xmas party, all good clean sober fun!!

So glad to have another person walking this path with me, thank you.

wiseheart 12-10-2017 10:05 PM

Congratulations wildflower! Our sober dates are close together, so I am right there beside you. Let's keep going!

LiveLikeGold6 12-11-2017 03:27 AM

Wow wildflower our stories are similar. I just achieved 30 days sober and like you have managed some good sober time before becoming a chronic relapser again. But I too am ready to make this lifestyle stick. Things dont magically become perfect but im grateful that drink and hangovers isnt one of my problems! Congrats friend!

wildflower70 12-11-2017 05:53 AM

Way to go wiseheart and Livelikegold6...:scoregood

Let's make 2018 the best year of our lives, clean and sober!!

Thank you all for being here and sharing, I'm never alone with SR..:tyou