Notices

I'm upset.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm upset.

I let a little comment on here get to me. I'm hurt and kind of irritated that I'm being judged by a person in a similar boat to mine.

Maybe I'm just overreacting and being sensitive. Maybe I'm just having a bad week. Whatever. Anyway, please be careful of the words you say. This could have drove me to drink if this comment had come from anyone who actually knew me.

I had to express my feelings or else I would have carried it with me all day. Sorry for the boring post and thank you for reading anyway.

P.s. Not looking for any responses, just had to vent.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Resentments can lead to feeling really lousy - for alcoholics this is very dangerous. I drank AT people many times. I'll show you, I'll hurt me!

If you want it out, shout it out. Good for you
Old 12-09-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

We can't control what people say, we can control how we react.

No one knows where another's perception is.....
Old 12-09-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

People can suck, even on here. What I have to remind myself, is this is a forum for all walks of life, even those who are still suffering with becoming sober and may not yet be sober. I take the negative like a grain of salt, toss it. Focus on the good and positive along with the constructive criticism, I like a good kick in the ass not anywhere else that may hurt tho.

You're doing great and just like above, we can't control anyone but ourselves. Please don't give anyone the power to control if you drink or not, that's your power and your power alone.

Have a wonderful day and brush off the rudeness, it's not welcome in your world!!!
Old 12-09-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In this case it was obvious the person was trying to be mean and hurtful, I saw the comment.

LFM, it can be hard to ignore another's criticism when you are in a sensitive time. I read your post and you are doing really well. Please don't let that inconsiderate post bother you, I don't think it had anything to do with you really or your post.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have not read the comment but I'm sorry that has happened. I remember being very, very sensitive the first time I started posting on the internet. I've learned now to take things with a grain of salt. Read comments with detachment.

I do know that drinking 'over' things, or 'at' people is like swallowing bleach and expecting the other person to die. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

Hang in there.

Edit to say I saw the comment. Agree completely with JustTony....this is about him, not you or anyone else here.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I saw the comment too.

To be honest I think he/she might have been looking in a mirror as opposed to making a comment about you(considering all the other contributions that person made around the same time on about three different threads)?

Anyway - stay strong and concentrate on you. That's all that matters for now.

Regards,

JT
Old 12-09-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
I saw the comment too.

To be honest I think he/she might have been looking in a mirror as opposed to making a comment about you(considering all the other contributions that person made around the same time on about three different threads)?

Anyway - stay strong and concentrate on you. That's all that matters for now.

Regards,

JT
Agree with this. X
Old 12-09-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

2 things you can do here, LoveForMe:
-report the post. click on that little triangle under the username.
-put the user on your ignore list.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sending you a PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Resentment was a recent topic in AA meeting... Just needs to be out behind you in order to move forward. Sure get mad at it for a set time then after that time just out it behind you and move forward. Resentment and bottled up feelings will poison you.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you were hurt LoveForMe.

We're all meant to be on the same side but sometimes pain can lead us to lash out at others

Doesn't make it right tho.

If you ever have anything happen like that again you can report the post by pressing the report post button on the offending post

..or send a PM to Anna I or another mod

Hope you're feeling a little better now

D
Old 12-09-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that happenened, and I am glad you are posting, and very glad you didn't drink. TomSteve had excellent advice, click on there little triangle and report any post that makes you feel that way.

I hope you will keep posting!!
Old 12-09-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

LFM,
I didn't see the comment, sorry to hear that you've been hurt. I'd like to put a positive spin on it, though: Why don't you see it as an episode to test your resolve. Your addiction would have been delighted if you had given in, but you didn't. Congrats on staying committed to your sobriety, a job well done!
Old 12-10-2017, 12:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I agree with others. It's good that you've raised the offence that the comment caused. My advice is to dust yourself down, pick yourself up and get back on the horse. Good luck x