SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Eleven days! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420029-eleven-days.html)

Atye 12-09-2017 02:16 AM

Eleven days!

The night sweats are gone finally however still can’t sleep. This is so difficult. I am so emotional and just feel....I guess I don’t really know how I feel. Just get through another day.

August252015 12-09-2017 03:02 AM

You can do this! Great job on more than a week - sleep "issues" are pretty normal. As I kept on going, things got better and better in all ways.

Take care - focus on today.

decchemist 12-09-2017 04:07 AM

You will sleep, Atye. I pass out at night as soon as my head hits the pillow now and that was only possible with alcohol before. Your sleep will definitely come back. Stick at it and good job on 11 days.

Atye 12-09-2017 06:16 AM

Missing out

Will I really have to make all new friends or is it just too hard. All my friends drink. This so lonely because you are the only one that really knows what it going on emotionally and physically. I take that back...don’t really know.

Maudcat 12-09-2017 06:16 AM

Congrats!

Upstairs 12-09-2017 06:27 AM

Congrats on eleven days! I dunno about losing your friends or not. It could be they may be up for doing something other than drinking.

Atye 12-09-2017 06:44 AM

Friends

Seven days in my recovery my friend wanted to go to a bar for lunch. I went and survived. The questions from everyone was so uncomfortable. I feel I shouldn’t have to explain. It’s hard enough to explain it to myself how I got here.

least 12-09-2017 12:56 PM

You don't need to explain anything to anyone. A simple "I don't drink" should suffice.

Congrats on 11 days sober! :)

Dee74 12-09-2017 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Atye (Post 6701971)
Will I really have to make all new friends or is it just too hard. All my friends drink. This so lonely because you are the only one that really knows what it going on emotionally and physically. I take that back...don’t really know.

congrats on your sober time Atye.
Everyone's situation is different.

My situation was that all my friends drank, and that I never was capable of being around them without drinking...not for any appreciable amount of time anyway.

I had to change my life.

Fortunately I found that for every drinking buddy who fell away I reconnected with an old friend, or I made new ones.

I've never had a better life than I had now, never more socially active and never as happy.

Sometimes change is not an end but a new beginning...y'know? :)

D

Sasha4 12-09-2017 04:31 PM

Well done you!
Be proud xx

24violets 12-09-2017 04:53 PM

Good job Atye on 11 days!! I know how hard it is to come that far. I got hit with pressure to drink on Thanksgiving, 13 days sober. I had an excuse in my mind prepared before hand. That helped a lot. I had recently been dx with high blood pressure and said drinking really affects it. I just don't feel like getting into a long discussion about something that is still so fragile for me. My sobriety still feels like a fragile gift that needs treasured and protected at 29 days. It helped me to have a simple excuse prepared. You are doing great. Hang in there life sober just keeps getting better and better. Remind yourself about what consequences from drinking you hated.

Ilse 12-09-2017 06:02 PM

I used to tell people I had an ulcer and wasn't allowed to drink. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying something like that. It's not really anyone's business. And I also didn't want them to think that just because I wasn't drinking, they shouldn't.

But that said, I did end up losing contact with most of the people I drank with because my tolerance for stupid conversation went down. It just got kind of boring.

Atye 12-09-2017 07:02 PM

Thank you! This is the hardest thing I have ever done. You have to have so much will power in all kinds of situations. I just feel so sad.

Hats 12-09-2017 07:37 PM

11 days is awesome Atye, keep it going; your doing so well and things will improve.