Notices

I have broken up with my alcoholic bf

Old 12-07-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have broken up with my alcoholic bf

Hello guys. Idk of some you guys remember me. About last month on november 3 I posted in here about not knowing how to break up with my bf (I'm 21 he's 30). Well tonight I did it. He called me and was drinking. And I could tell and told him the same thing I always say when he is like that. Needless to say he prompted the breakup by asking and o told him yes. However he called me earlier andI knew he sobered up. But I can't deal with that anymore. I don't wanna leave him hanging but I feel that he is not ready to get himself together. I love him so much. I really do. Just giving you guys my update.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck Yoshi,

I've been on the receiving end of that situation. I used it to drink for a while longer and didn't see my part in it until I got sober. I've made amends to my past GFs. hopefully you get a visit from him making amends because he is cleaning up his past to live a clean and sober life.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck, Yoshi.
We are here when you need us.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you love him leaving is the best thing you can do for him. Feeling the consequences of our actions is a bit starting point for recovery.

Thanks for giving us an update!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I understand when you say you don't want to leave him hanging, but he is a grown man and responsible for his own actions. Believe me he knows he is screwing up everything by drinking but is choosing to continue.

You can't make him quit no matter how much you love him. He, alone, has to want to quit and until that day comes he will continue to drink. It may take a week, a month, a year, or never. There is no way to know. That is why you have to do what is right for you.

Just my 2 cents
Old 12-08-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard, Yoshi, but I think you're doing the right thing and taking care of yourself.