Notices

In a funk.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In a funk.

I don't know what the purpose of this post is. I'm just feeling super lonely and depressed.

I got fired from my job on the weekend and I guess that was my primary source of social interaction. I'm in school, but I'm taking online courses so I stay at home. I am finding it's really easy to get into the habit of staying in my pyjamas all day/not showering/staying in bed.

I have no friends, or at least none that I stay in touch with regularly. I have a boyfriend that works out of town and is gone more than he is here.

I get social interaction at meetings too but I've been really sick - cold flu fever cough, this week so I haven't wanted to go. Maybe I should just force myself to go tonight? Although these cold meds make me feel funny and I'm so exhausted and run down feeling I just don't want to drive anywhere.

At least I don't want to drink. But I'm very low, and lonely, feeling without purpose and empty inside. So decided to come ramble off a post.

Maybe someone can answer - is there an online meeting on here tonight? Maybe I could do that instead. Or force myself to drive to one.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2/2016

If you do not feel well, you should rest. Stay home and curl up with a book or take a nice hot bath. Tomorrow will be better. Get rid of that cold/flu then get on meetup.com and find some group that sounds fun. Or meetings for sure. Get some excercise, sorry you are down, but you are doing great by being sober.

Oh and when I lose focus and purpose, I pray for guidance. I just say, Lord what do you want me to do?
Old 12-07-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Having just decided to stop, I’m feeling the same way
I want to stay home all day and just be by myself
I’m believing this will pass, but right now it’s comforting to me
Originally Posted by mrrryahj View Post
I don't know what the purpose of this post is. I'm just feeling super lonely and depressed.

I got fired from my job on the weekend and I guess that was my primary source of social interaction. I'm in school, but I'm taking online courses so I stay at home. I am finding it's really easy to get into the habit of staying in my pyjamas all day/not showering/staying in bed.

I have no friends, or at least none that I stay in touch with regularly. I have a boyfriend that works out of town and is gone more than he is here.

I get social interaction at meetings too but I've been really sick - cold flu fever cough, this week so I haven't wanted to go. Maybe I should just force myself to go tonight? Although these cold meds make me feel funny and I'm so exhausted and run down feeling I just don't want to drive anywhere.

At least I don't want to drink. But I'm very low, and lonely, feeling without purpose and empty inside. So decided to come ramble off a post.

Maybe someone can answer - is there an online meeting on here tonight? Maybe I could do that instead. Or force myself to drive to one.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you are sick, don't go to a meeting/event as you'd be spreading the illness to others. Stay home and take care of yourself.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I get sick I get super depressed. Even weepy sometimes. It's rough when you already feel some kinda way and illness just compounds it. Just rest, this too shall pass.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am here with you!
Old 12-08-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I'm here for you, too! Just try to relax and not try to do too much. There is a time and a place for everything....now is the time to regroup, re-evaluate and reassess what you really want out of your life. Self-evaluation is exhausting even though you may think it is not happening. You are getting ready for a change in your life. Gather your strength and resources during this time. Read a good book, watch an inspiring movie or maybe a comedy. And stay with us here at SR!
Old 12-08-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have to agree..not drinking can be lonely.. However, drinking when you are an alcoholic seems just as lonely right? Have you ever considered taking a few classes in person? I met a few really good friends in my classes.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Especially in the fist six months feelings of lonlyness, depression, anxiety, head full of fog, apathetic, etc. were all the norm for me. Taking alcohol away can be a shock to the brain, time is really what it takes to heal.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I bet that much of what you are feeling is due to being ill - the cold flu cough stuff.

Rest up; take good care of yourself. Drink plenty of water; have chicken soup or chicken broth; take some steamy showers.

Hope that you feel better soon.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better, M.

You can always come here to SR if you feel lonely tonight. There's always someone around to respond.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree much of this is probably due to you being ill mrrryahj?

Unfortunately we no longer have chat meetings but the chat rooms always open - and you can always post here in the forums

D
Old 12-08-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I can tell you first hand that staying home, not showering, no getting dressed for the day, not going outside, watching TV in your couch makes you feel WORSE. It is something about fresh air, vitamin d (sun light) and getting out of your house that makes you feel better. You should make an effort every day to get out of the house.