Notices

Dizziness/fog.. help

Old 12-06-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dizziness/fog.. help

Hello. So it has been about 50 days since I’ve drank. Which is awesome, I was an every night drinker. But ever since I’ve stopped I’ve felt foggy and kinda disconnected from the world. I have also been having a weird head pressure above my eyes and in my temples. I find myself trying to catch my breath a lot. Could all of this just be anxiety? Any one else experience this? When did it get better? I’m feeling very hopeless at this point. And I don’t have health insurance so I can’t go to the doctor...
Old 12-06-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It could be anxiety for certain, but also could have a physical source. We cannot give medical advice here - i would suggest trying to find a free or reduced fee clinic to at least get a simple checkup if you can. If you live in the USA it's possible to get insurance, even if you can't afford it.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's normal in early recovery to feel a bit 'off'. The best thing tho is to get an exam to rule out any physical causes.

If you live in the US, you may be eligible for the Affordable Care Act, which helps people get health insurance for free or really cheap.

https://www.healthcare.gov/

There are also free clinics in many cities that offer care.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

As Scott said, it could be anxiety, but it's always a good idea to get checked by a dr. I hope you can find a way to do that.

Congratulations on your sobriety!
Old 12-06-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah while those kinds of things can be common - I wasn't disconnected but I was foggy for a good month or three... I think the only way to really work out any concerns is to see a Doc.

D