Notices

Rocky Weekend of Holiday Parties

Old 12-04-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rocky Weekend of Holiday Parties

Hey everyone,
I just thought i'd share my experience this past weekend. My girl friend and I were invited to a couple of holiday parties this past weekend. I'm currently almost 10 months sober and felt pretty confident in my sobriety over the weekend so i decided to go with her. Also, i'm still getting to know her friends so i figured it would be a good opportunity at the parties. Needless to say everything was going great and we were enjoying ourselves talking while having some cider that contained no alcohol. We were eating and i decided to slice up some cheese. Well i cut some of the cheese and apparently the knife wasn't that steady and it broke in my hand. Luckily i didn't cut a finger off! Lol but i did cut myself a little and had to get a band aid. Needless to say i was a little pre-occupied and accidentally picked up my girl friends drink which i thought was mine. I instantly tasted the rum and put it down. Woah i said to myself that has alcohol in it. There was my glass sitting next to where i was cutting the cheese. Anyhow the rest of the night was fun and i enjoyed a sober evening but that taste stuck with me for awhile. Yikes! That was Saturday night and i honestly have had some cravings for it. I think part of me is pissed off that this accident happened because i've had the cravings but i continue to play the tape forward and tell myself if had to decided to intentionally drink that evening things would have gotten bad.
In the future i plan on being a little more careful in which glass i pickup.
Thanks Everyone!
Garrison
Old 12-04-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You were strong! I probably would have just said, oh too late, get me a glass! Good job!
Old 12-04-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your finger is OK.
As far as your mistake goes - stay strong and ignore the voice - it has nothing for you.

Maybe post a bit more regularly here if you need support?

D