Notices

Struggline

Old 12-01-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggline

I am struggling today. I don't know what is the matter. Just woke up and the first thought in my mind was having a drink. I am just feeling grumpy and discontented. Tried praying and still feeling off. Coming up on 8 months (monday) and should be feeling great - but feeling miserable and don't want to slip.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Watch an inspirational Youtube video! Get that mind reaching for higher ground, we are impressionable beasts at the end of the day
Old 12-01-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry you are having a bad day mittens - but just remember that it's completely normal to have bad days, just a regular part of life. Being sober definitely gives us the ability to feel a lot better, and to do just about everything better - but it doesn't prevent us from having a bad day here and there.

Check your "HALT" ( hungry, angry, lonely, tired ) status and address it if you need it. Sometimes the weather or a bug or whatever just throws us for a loop too. Taking a walk, reading a good book, watching some inspirational video, etc - all things that can help.

Coming here to check in and talk it through is a great idea too, glad you did. The one thing that we know for sure about bad days is they do end...and good days almost always follow!
Old 12-01-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there. All feelings change, good and bad.

For me I find exercise a great way to boost mood. Or something special, like a favorite food or a trip to Sephora. But mostly I try to share how I'm feeling with someone. I also remind myself that no one on this planet is happy all the time. That would be weird as he!!
Old 12-01-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Hang in there iv just had a terrible few days but it’s lifting. Not worth throwing your time away for another drink that you know will only make you feel worse. After my relapse I felt horrendous for days the self hate disappointment shame etc was excruciating cos alcohol affects us like that so please remember it will pass and you will feel better again alcohol will not help
Old 12-01-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello Mittens.
Write down how or what you are feeling, start a thread.
Get it out of ya but not with the poison. Any kind of slip is very often paid very dearly. The cravings come back in tidal waves and the result is what you already know. 8 months is amazing. You must be borderline on turning the page on cravings and AV.... I can only wish I was at 8 months today.
God dont throw it away. Pick yourself up, break the cycle and dont victimise yourself. You are worth it.
Take care of yourself.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mittens, I'm glad you posted about this. Life is full of ups and downs, so hopefully you will feel back to your normal self soon. It really helped me to remember that, just because it's a bad day or two, it won't stay that way.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tomorrow today will be history. You have done so well, you can handle today.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sending you some cheer and a big hug Mittens. We are here for you and you always have this wonderful forum to come to. Check in. We care.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mittens

Ann, one of the members on the FF side says the difference between a good day and a bad one is about 2 days.

Life gives us bad days - or testing ones sometimes, but they pass.

The really good thing is they stay as just bad days - not bad weeks or months like they were when we were drinking.

I hope you feel more settled tomorrow and have a great sober weekend
Old 12-03-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mr

How are you Mittens ?