Notices

Day 1... again

Old 11-30-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 1... again

Eugh, here I am again. Day 1... every few days I am on Day 1 again. I am struggling so much with getting sober. I'm looking for a community for help and support to help me through this.

Yesterday after drinking a bottle of wine and a small bottle of vodka home alone, I was an absolute ******** to my boyfriend and sent all these stupid erratic messages to my friends on Facebook. I'm feeling so much shame, guilt and anxiety today. I am too embarrassed to check my phone and Facebook to see what cringey things I said or did.

I recently did 54 days sober so really cross with myself for going back to square one where I am drinking almost every day again
Old 11-30-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

....well, just get back on. If you can do 54 days.....you've learned a lot about how to be without alcohol. You can do it....you know how.
All the best....
Old 11-30-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

54 days? That's fantastic. Consider this a speed bump. Keep going.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Astrid
The support here really helped me make the changes I needed to make - I know we can help you too

D
Old 11-30-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Make this your last day one.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Astrid - We know just how you feel. Most of us had a few setbacks, even though we knew in our hearts what must be done. You are learning - and you are getting closer to getting free. We know you can.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know what it’s like to not want to look at things in the morning. It took me a few tries, but it worked. Since you have passed through 30 days before you know it is worth telling your AV no! Strengthen your plan and don’t give another day to that thief called alcohol! Be here, get stronger, post, and stay sober!
Old 11-30-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep coming back! You can do it as long as you keep trying and holding onto hope!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Astrid,

Welcome to SR! This is a wonderfully supportive community, and most of us found it feeling exactly like you are right now. I had many Day Ones, and finally found that coming up with a recovery plan, and truly focusing on recovery, rather than trying not to drink was key.

This site has been one of the biggest parts of my plan, I read and post here daily, and it really helps. The monthly classes are a great place to connect with others who have decided to commit or recommit to sobriety this month, and add just started one for December. Another one of my favorites is the 24 hour thread, it is a great place to check in each day and make the commitment to 24 hours.

I am copying links to both of these threads, as well as a link about recovery plans.

December Class 2017
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-1-a.html

Link about Recovery Plans
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

24 Hour Thread
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-321-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 321)

You can do this!!!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 1

Day 1 day 2 day 3 ...
Stop counting, u know what to do because u did it before.
If u keep coming back look for the real issue behind this ,
instead of counting days to relapsed