Notices

“Go Against the Grain” Weekender, Nov. 30-Dec. 4, 2017

Old 12-03-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
do you live on a boat Sao?
I don't andy though I wouldn't mind, especially in the summer. Until recently the used to be a reasonably cheap way to live in London but mooring permits have increased big time. I live close to the canal and it is good for walking or running as no car traffic or roads to cross. It is quite interesting too.

Hey a small tree is fine Soulshine, a large one would not fit in my flat (apartment)
Old 12-03-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Tree is up and decorated (fake tree) The threat of returning gifts worked.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I don't andy though I wouldn't mind, especially in the summer. Until recently the used to be a reasonably cheap way to live in London but mooring permits have increased big time.
cheers Sao. I was just curious as it's something I've looked into semi-seriously in the past.

I like gas-holders too & can see one from my window (well, I could if it wasn't dark)
Old 12-03-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Cool pic, Vman....I like the tree...and what a sweet pup! What kind of dog is Marley?
Old 12-03-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good evening! Home from being with my Mom, and doing some late Sunday grocery shopping...NOT the best time for freshness. But it is fine.

I hope everyone is well and sober. It has been a blur of a weekend for me. But all good here.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Cool pic, Vman....I like the tree...and what a sweet pup! What kind of dog is Marley?
In France...I dont know....looks like a Blue Heeler, here! Some kind of hunter, anyway.

But....I would not know and am no expert! All poodles here for last 10 years. Yes. Poodles large and small.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:52 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Mr

He is indeed a hunter Bix. An English Setter. 18 months old (roughly) a big baby.
He never stops running after birds (all sizes from robins to pheasants) he even runs after butterflies. He hunts flies, wasps, butterflies, cats, moles, robins........
He would probably hunt poodles too

Have a good week.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

We had a german shepherd once that hunted and ate wasps. You’d hear teeth clacking when she caught one, quickly trying to kill it. She got stung one time and had a fat lip for days....
Old 12-04-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

We can make this Sober Monday. Like Cyber Monday - only a week late. I think most of us probably got here when it was a bit more than a week late, right?

Super foggy here this morning. I need to get out and about today. Big breakfast for fuel, first. It's steak and eggs. Yay! I've been putting coconut oil in my coffee to try to delay breakfast a couple hours and it seems to work - mostly. Of course, so does over-sleeping...which I also did.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Steak and eggs - breakfast of champions.

I'm going home soon - on time for once.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I love steak and eggs. And omelets. And soft-boiled eggs with a bit of Hollandaise on a perfectly toasted English muffin (which are way better than crumpets dear Sao )
Old 12-04-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It has been some time since Tetra and MidnightBlue have posted, I hope they are OK.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
It has been some time since Tetra and MidnightBlue have posted, I hope they are OK.
we're lacking in stories about people getting punched on the nose this weekend. hope you are both okay.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Yes, guys! Please check in!
Old 12-04-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Did someone say “Tetra”? I’m like one of those dogs who come running when they hear the tin opener.

Anyway I’m hanging in there. My contract is due for renewal in the next few weeks but last year I only found out when I went to my parents for Christmas on 21st December and the letter was waiting for me so I imagine this year will be the same so I am concerned about that.

Hmm I’m hanging in. I went to a Christmas party last Friday with the secretaries from another office. Sometimes I think I haven’t changed at all and then I remember that once upon a time I would have avoided all of these things at all costs and so I remember that I have changed.

I was working last Friday until 5 PM and went out straight in my work clothes. I was also tired that evening. The other secretaries actually brought clothes to work to change into and I didn’t realize that they had also been drinking in their office until we were leaving and a small empty bottle of vodka fell out of someone’s bag. I was shocked to be honest. Drinking on the premises would be a sackable offense right? Anyway I don’t think they are alcoholics. They were just high spirited (no really) as this was their only work night out and one of the doctors on their team gave them €50 towards the night. I still have our big departmental party to go. Last year was my first year. 30 people went and the bill came to over €1500. The 5 consultants in our department split it between themselves. That party will be Friday of next week. I work for an ENT consultant but I would rather gouge out my own tonsils than drink on hospital grounds, or drink at all. There is also a no smoking policy on hospital grounds. I remember we all got several emails because 3 guys in scrubs were seen smoking near the dumpsters and an investigation was supposedly launched.

Anyway we went to a Thai restaurant which was fine. After they all wanted to go to The House Hotel for more drinks. I was happy to tag along and talk and get a Diet Coke. Then we arrived and I opened the door. I saw the crowds and heard all the noise and shouting and just thought “no no” so I said goodbye and left. Walking home some people were drinking beers in the street and began shouting at me which was not pleasant but I just ignored them and continued on. I should not be walking the streets alone at night (my parents worry too much but this is Galway and not New York so I thought I was ok).

Anyway nothing much new to report. I visited my folks on Saturday. My mother mentioned that I have gained weight about 5 times. I asked some friends if they thought I was fat and everyone said “you look fine to me”. My current companion said “I love spending time with you because you are so sweet and gentle. Really I feel at my most peaceful when I am with you”. I could write loads more about my mom but most of you have heard it all already so I will spare you the details.

I hope you are all keeping well too.

Best wishes always

Tetra
Old 12-04-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
cheers Sao. I was just curious as it's something I've looked into semi-seriously in the past.

I like gas-holders too & can see one from my window (well, I could if it wasn't dark)
Re the gasholders, a 2 -3 miles west of me some old gas holders are being converted into flats. This is not my pic and it may even involve a little CGI as I don't think they are complete yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20171204_231556.jpg (61.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Some have been made into artworks - not my pic again but no cgi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20171204_232407.jpg (68.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.
Very busy here. I had the works Christmas night out in Saturday...i had to send my main back as it had a chardonnay sauce... then had lots of questions to deal with.
Anyway I spent most of the night on the dance floor and had a fab time.
Next morning I was very tired and had a pounding headache.... Must have been from the music.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

If anyone wants to open next weekenders thread with some thoughts please let me know
D
Old 12-05-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Ugh, drempt about work all night. Had thoughts of staying home today. Can't tho, got two meetings lined up this morning. I should claim overtme.