Notices

Blahs

Old 11-28-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blahs

Feel Ike I should only post here when I have problem. Why does it take so much effort to care about anyone? I want to be a kind compassionate person but I honestly don’t care. Maybe I’m tired of worrying about everyone. My cousin won’t fill out her college application? Who gives a ****? My mom won’t do her physicsl therapy. Oh well. Friends fighting over a divorce? Whatevs. Kinda burnt. Tired of worrying about ****. Problem is I feel flat.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I been there. And I get there occasionally these days too but nothing like it was in my first year. Keep at it and try not to worry about other people’s stuff if you can.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just look after yourself for now Press.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, take care of you right now.

Getting sober isn't easy, isn't always fun, but will make you life better
Old 11-29-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
Feel Ike I should only post here when I have problem. Why does it take so much effort to care about anyone? I want to be a kind compassionate person but I honestly don’t care. Maybe I’m tired of worrying about everyone. My cousin won’t fill out her college application? Who gives a ****? My mom won’t do her physicsl therapy. Oh well. Friends fighting over a divorce? Whatevs. Kinda burnt. Tired of worrying about ****. Problem is I feel flat.
Hi Press
I've been following your posts and always love your honesty.

I relate to what you are saying. What I believe I've learned is I don't have to get emotionally involved in order to provide support. Someone else's problem does not have to become mine for me to properly show compassion. I don't have to worry about other people's stuff. Why? Because its not mine. And worrying does absolutely nothing. I think 'normal' behavior is to listen, provide feedback if requested....the rest is up to the other person. So maybe what you are experiencing is actually just normal. You mean, other people don't make other people's problems their own? Wait What?

And the flat thing? For me that's pretty normal too in early sobriety. And off and on....just is. I seem to have this expectation that I'm going to be 'feeling' some big ole emotion all the time, positive or negative. And I love to create a whole lotta chaos in my life to achieve just that goal. I don't really realize I'm doing it but I believe I am. Wow. You mean its not normal to 'feel' all the time? You mean, I'm just supposed to kinda be, um, here? Wow. Doesn't mean, at least for me, that I'm blah all the time. But sometimes, ya, for sure. And I can always take steps to do things I enjoy. And, for sure, all feelings, good, bad or indifferent, change. I like the idea of writing down what I'm thinking, putting it in a drawer, the go back to it in few days. Probably don't even remember what my problem was.

Anyway, you're doing great. Keep on posting!!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes you need to lean on us because we do understand. Sometimes you will be able to give back.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

live and let live, press. imagine stepping inside a hula hoop....now only worry about what is INSIDE of that hula hoop.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I feel ya.
I stopped worrying about other people (minus my Man and Son) and stopped caring what was going on with other people. OH MY, life is blissful!

Now that doesn't mean I don't care, I just don't engulf myself in someone else's world. If they want to talk about it, they can call and I will listen, reply if they want and move on.

Just like with posting here. I will read someone's post, if I feel I have something to give, I will comment, if not I honestly move on.

When I feel like this, I like to work out, get all that crumminess outta me!