Notices

Day 2

Old 11-28-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hi everyone,

This is my first time getting sober after 10 years. I have chosen to do it at home because I would rather my family support. I have been given a Valium regime to help with the symptoms. So far it is mostly crazy dreams, nausea, no appetite what so ever and sooo much sedation from the Valium. I am tempted to sleep through the next few days but also know I need to eat. I really can't stomach anything but water. Any suggestions? Does this sound normal? Hoping it will remain this easy over the next few days!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, kirst, to SR. I just saw that you posted early in the evening and hope you are still doing well. Others may have some advice and wisdom about the appetite in withdrawal. Keep your doc posted.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kirst,

None of that sounds normal but then again we are alki's. We don't do normal. My detox was at home without Benzos. Any medical concern I would suggest get to an ER or clinic and try to eat something. I am assuming you are having night sweats or cold sweats, therefore do your best to get fluids in you also.

Good luck
Old 11-28-2017, 11:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back👋 I don’t know anything about the benzos either but I just wanted to wish you luck. I’ve found posting on the site has really helped me stay sober since I quit in September. Maybe give it a try.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Welcome, kirst, to SR. I just saw that you posted early in the evening and hope you are still doing well. Others may have some advice and wisdom about the appetite in withdrawal. Keep your doc posted.
I am in Australia so was morning for me. I haven't found a forum like this one here. It is now 4.30 pm and I actually feel great. Not sure if I am setting myself up for tomorrow but so far not too bad. I have eaten and left the house. I drink an bottle of vodka a day so was expecting much worse at this stage!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ah! I thought you were from Perth, Washington State! So good to hear that detox is going well so far! Keep us posted, will you?
Old 11-29-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

Originally Posted by kirst08 View Post
I am in Australia so was morning for me. I haven't found a forum like this one here. It is now 4.30 pm and I actually feel great. Not sure if I am setting myself up for tomorrow but so far not too bad. I have eaten and left the house. I drink an bottle of vodka a day so was expecting much worse at this stage!
Drank, not drink. Past tense if you’re truly convicted to staying stopped����

Being hungry and having low blood sugar was a huge trigger in the first two weeks. Suggest you snack frequently and drink lots of water!
Old 11-29-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kirst-

What you are dealing with does not sound uncommon. I went through medical detox at a treatment facility the first time I detoxed. Taking benzos and anticonvulsants was the regimen. I slept most of the time.

After several relapses, I am on Day 3 of sobriety. I had some withdrawal symptoms, but they were pretty mild. Of course that could change at any moment. Same for you. Be vigilant on your symptoms. If they worsen get to the doc. And take a cab.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi kirst,
I feel your pain along with alot of other people on here. I found that exercise really helped me early on. It helped to relieve any anxiety i had and consequently allowed me to cut down or out any anxiety meds. Good luck!
Garrison
Old 11-29-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi kirst - welcome - glad you found us

I ate things that were easy to eat like pasta...I also like tinned veges so I ate a lot of those.

Hope your appetite returns soon

D
Old 11-29-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinnacleOR View Post
Drank, not drink. Past tense if you’re truly convicted to staying stopped����

Being hungry and having low blood sugar was a huge trigger in the first two weeks. Suggest you snack frequently and drink lots of water!
Thanks for that. Yes I DRANK a bottle. I am eating frozen grapes and lots of water which is helping. Even managed some toast. Thanks for the tip 😀
Old 11-30-2017, 12:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How are you doing kirst?