Notices

2 weeks

Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks

On day 15 of sobriety today . Was wondering if anyone got annoying itches all ? I got some itches around day 7-8 , was all over my body , seems to have gone away . I have also noticed a good decrease in appetite , in a good way though . I used to slam at least a 12 pack of beer , then get cravings for absolute garbage food like Taco Bell , McDonald’s ect. Food I would never touch sober . I am just eating when hungry and not overeating anymore like I did when I was drinking . I also feel like I have lost some weight , still not enough though , I developed a belly from all the beer and bad eating . Anyways , was just wondering if anyone can relate . Thanks for reading !!
Old 11-27-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two weeks!
When I quit, it wasn't eating it was coffee. I would drink five pots a day and it had no effect on me my system was so messed up.
I didn't have a weight issue since I never ate drunk or hungover and I was always either drunk or hungover.
Maybe start an exercise program? I have and I love it.
Wish I could be of more help. But wishing you the best.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Jsymmes05 View Post
I used to slam at least a 12 pack of beer , then get cravings for absolute garbage food like Taco Bell , McDonald’s ect.
did the same thing in the 80s/ my 20s

also lots of candy

thanks for the funny memories

grats on 15

Old 11-27-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsymmes05 View Post
On day 15 of sobriety today . Was wondering if anyone got annoying itches all ? I got some itches around day 7-8 , was all over my body , seems to have gone away . I have also noticed a good decrease in appetite , in a good way though . I used to slam at least a 12 pack of beer , then get cravings for absolute garbage food like Taco Bell , McDonald’s ect. Food I would never touch sober . I am just eating when hungry and not overeating anymore like I did when I was drinking . I also feel like I have lost some weight , still not enough though , I developed a belly from all the beer and bad eating . Anyways , was just wondering if anyone can relate . Thanks for reading !!
The itchiness is common. I had issues with it as well. I have had numerous relapses in the last year. Every period of sobriety I’d get itchy a few days in. I understand that it is not skin-related, but an overactive nervous system.