Notices

Hi all

Old 11-26-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all

Hello everyone. My name is Brandon and I'm struggling with addiction. I went to treatment around this time last year, stayed sober for 3 or 4 months and relapsed. It all started going down hill from there and now my fiance has licked me out and I can't see my babies everyday. I miss my girls so much but most of all I really miss myself. My fiance already gave me a chance and I promised I would stay clean but relapsed. But her making me leave I think will turn put the best thing for me cause I am very motivated. I'm so tired of hating myself and feeling like a piece of **** every time I put something up my nose. Drugs are the devil and I'm done. I made the mistake last time put of rehab of thinking I had it and didn't need help and slowly convinced myself that I needed to go back to the pain Dr cause my back hurt instead of exercising and losing weight. Not to mention I can take the physical pain way better than the emotional pain I being cause being away from my babies and fiance or ex fiance, not really sure what to call her. I'm truly in love with my fiance and hate that I screwed up again and took money away from my family for my habit. I'm determined to stay clean. I want things out of life other than man made poison. Drugs do nothing but make you think you feel good then it's over and you may feel like complete **** if you've been on them long enough. I'm on day 4 of detoxing myself. I've cut everyone out of my life that cam trigger me. I'm going back to work, hopefully, next week. I'm gonna take care of my family whether I'm staying there or not cause I've done a **** poor job of it so far. I'll live in my car if I have to just so long as I know they are good then I'll be good. I'm gonna beat this thing. I'm gon a make my first relapse my last. All who pray please pray for me and wish me luck.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im sorry for your circumstances. Realizing we are powerless is the first step. You have my prayers.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, Gibbs - I'm so glad you've made the decision to get sober & rebuild your life. It really helps to talk things over here at SR. We understand what you're going through like no one else can. You can do this!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Gibbs.

My advice is to focus on yourself and your recovery for now,. Its the only way you have any chance of getting back the things addiction stole from you.

You'll find a lot of support here too

D
Old 11-26-2017, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gibbs - you had two identical threads.
I merged them so you'll get more response

Dee
SR