SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   65 hours in (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/419108-65-hours.html)

Snow247 11-18-2017 10:34 AM

65 hours in

Hello Everyone!

I recently decided to quit and the main reason was for neurophy. I have had slight numbness in my feet for probably 8 -10 years( I am 40). I never really thought it was the booze but the blood sugar and now I am finding out it could be both. I have been an every day drinking for 20 years. Anyway last weekend the neorophy exploded in deep pain and it hurt to walk. This scared the **** out of me which it should.

This week I went and got a bunch of blood work and meet with my doctor on Monday. I did not consult anyone on quiting, I just said eff it, if I want to stay alive for my kids I need to stop the **** and get in shape all around diet, and no booze will need to be a part of it.

I have been a 3-6 beer a night drinker for a long time with closer to 12 on weekends for a while. Anyway on Thursday I just said I am not drinking. Wednesday night I had two and I think I had three on Tuesday which is lower as I normally have always had atleast 5. Anyway every time in the past such with getting the flu or abscessed tooth when I stopped for 3 weeks I contributed with the way I am feeling now (nauseous, irritable, jumpy and cannot sleep perfectly) on what I was going through at the time and not the booze. I never realized that I had a dependence on it until now and now It scares me.

Getting to my next point and stop babbling,I am almost 72 hours in, I am sore all over my back and nauseous which comes and goes. I am not puking and need to take a hot shower a couple times a day to fight the cold feeling. I am eating pretty decent and drinking a decent amount of liquids. I guess everyone is different but should I expect much worse as in serious things in the next 48 or should I be hitting the peak or back side? I have noticed a few palpitations but I think I am pretty lucky of being on Metorpolal for high blood pressure as it works awesome and lowers my heart rate. Thoughts? Thanks everyone for listening and hopefully I will be a part of this forum for a while since I will be learning to live without booze and focusing on my health and kids.

Ilovepi 11-18-2017 11:15 AM

Hey there! Congrats on getting healthy!
I can't really answer your question because everybody's different. However it does get better after a week to two weeks for most people. If it starts getting worse make a quick phone call to the doc. Try sleeping as much as you can. That's what helped me.

Snow247 11-18-2017 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ilovepi (Post 6677533)
Hey there! Congrats on getting healthy!
I can't really answer your question because everybody's different. However it does get better after a week to two weeks for most people. If it starts getting worse make a quick phone call to the doc. Try sleeping as much as you can. That's what helped me.

Thank you!

PeacefulWater12 11-18-2017 11:52 AM

I can only tell you how it was for me. I quit cold turkey. I had flu like symptoms for about five days. Also strong alcohol cravings. I felt physically better on about day 6.

I would encourage you to seek medical help if you are worried.

I was a daily drinker to blackout every day.

My husband has alcoholic neuropathy.

Snow247 11-18-2017 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 (Post 6677576)
I can only tell you how it was for me. I quit cold turkey. I had flu like symptoms for about five days. Also strong alcohol cravings. I felt physically better on about day 6.

I would encourage you to seek medical help if you are worried.

I was a daily drinker to blackout every day.

My husband has alcoholic neuropathy.

Thank you! I am not worried as of yet and hope I do not have to. I think everything will be good. Going to keep on eating and staying hydrated.

The neuropathy sucks, I hope mine turns around as I can live with a little numbness but do not want pain for the rest of my life. Just going to keep positive and bust my ass to get into shape.

Dee74 11-18-2017 04:25 PM

Welcome Snow :)

I think you've made a great decision and I hope you'll see a reversal in the health problems.

I hope you've seen the worst of the withdrawal but but like others have said see a Dr if you're worried :)

D