Notices

Pot????

Old 11-20-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am 57 days sober from alcohol. I am not addicted to POT, never have been.
I have twice since I stopped drinking smoked.
I do not consider that a relapse as that was not my DOC.
I smoked in my early days of recovery, to relax.

Now that I think about it openly and honestly....

I do not think I will smoke it again, I just rather live my life free of anything mind alternating, including pharmaceuticals. I can cure almost anything mentally with good nutrition and work out.

I am not looking to replace alcohol with anything to ease the pain, let go of the withdrawal (but I have not had any withdrawal, and only 1 split second the AV came into my head) I am not a fan of antubuse either, I am not a fan of a crutch as it just isnt my thing.

TO each their own.

My suggestion is to not replace 1 drug with another. That screams relapse.

And with that I will pass
Old 11-20-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Pot?
Not.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

while many advocate that pot is 'not addictive' - I believe that really refers more to the nature of it's physical addictiveness.

My experience is that marijuana is absolutely addictive in the emotional and psychological sense.

My experience also suggests that marijuana can undermine sobriety and lead - if not back to alcohol - at least back to 'addictive behaviors' which can interfere with the goodness of life just as much as alcohol.

If you have issues with anxiety, I'd strongly advocate seeking counseling support and possibly an appropriately managed, diagnosed, prescribed medication. Possibly even cannabis - but under appropriate medical supervision.

My own experience - I discovered pot to be a source of anxiety, not a remedy. Though, sometimes I was able to convince myself it was a remedy.

I know quite a few people who use pot as 'medicine'...... but my observations lead me to believe that a) they're not really behaving as though it's 'medicine' and b) they don't seem to be getting their stated benefit from it as medicine.

All in all - tread very carefully with this, and consult a physician.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I smoked it everyday for 3 years, I felt I was addicted to it. In my opinion you'd be replacing one addiction with another.