SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I feel weird (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/419063-i-feel-weird.html)

Jsymmes05 11-17-2017 11:38 AM

I feel weird

110 hours alcohol free , but I am experiencing some fatigue , anxiety , reduced appetite , restlessness. Hopefully this passes because I really don’t feel like doing much lately besides just resting ........ anyone else experience somilar things ?

Sinderos 11-17-2017 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jsymmes05 (Post 6676361)
110 hours alcohol free , but I am experiencing some fatigue , anxiety , reduced appetite , restlessness. Hopefully this passes because I really don’t feel like doing much lately besides just resting ........ anyone else experience somilar things ?

Have you considered checking with a doctor. Withdrawals from alcohol can be deadly.

I went to the doctor this morning to get medication to assist with the withdrawal symptoms. They’re nothing to play around with.

Stay strong and seek medical attention if you need to. As the article says the onset of major deadly symptoms can hit very rapidly.

Good luck!

DreamCatcher17 11-17-2017 12:13 PM

I sure have. For me, it did mellow out over time.

tekink 11-17-2017 02:20 PM

Sobering up for me was pretty much a ride through insanity. Anxitey, depression, anger, appathetic, moody, insomnia... and then brain fog, confusion, inablity to focus. I will say I personally didn't have a loss of appitite, instead I was always hungry.

Things started normalizing around the 6 month mark, I'm only at 9 months now and sometimes my head doesn't feel right but for the most part I'm starting to feel like what must be my sober self.

Dee74 11-17-2017 03:54 PM

I hope you're feeling a little better now Jsymmes.
Do you think you need a Dr?

D

Jsymmes05 11-18-2017 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6676613)
I hope you're feeling a little better now Jsymmes.
Do you think you need a Dr?

D

I don’t think so , I’m at 120 hours now , i think I just have to get used to this . Alcohol used to be my crutch for a lot of things I didn’t wanna face , but now I’m dealing with them the proper way . I drank on average about 50 beers a week ( at the most ) , about every other day or maybe every 3rd day or so . I like to think the tiredness is coming from my body / brain repairing ...... I was giving it alcohol almost every other day for a few years now.

JudicatorPanzer 11-18-2017 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jsymmes05 (Post 6676361)

I experienced most of these symptoms for about a month maybe even two. I drank every day for 5 years, heavily for 2, so we have to figure it will take a little time to get the brain straightened out.