Notices

Day 66!

Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 66!

Loving life at the moment. Finally feeling like i'll NEVER go back to Booze. I don't even think about it anymore. I realized I don't need it to have fun, or to have friends and enjoy people's company. I can do that on my OWN! My advise to all of you suffering with trying to stay sober..or get on the sober path is to PUSH yourself because no one else is going to do that for you! I believe in you guys so much! We are all in this together!
Old 11-15-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats Ashley, sounds like you are doing great!
Old 11-15-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
Loving life at the moment. Finally feeling like i'll NEVER go back to Booze. I don't even think about it anymore.
Uh, you just did.

I kid, I kid. Seriously, congrats!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great work Ashley at day 66 . Some of us reach a point where we just know that our drinking career is over . It's a deep feeling of knowing that we are finally free of alcohol for ever . I know how cunning baffling and powerful alcohol is and I am under no illusions that things can happen but like you I am loving my sober life right now asides from my winter aches and pains and sore knees I am very happy .
For anyone struggling it really can be done but you need to want to be sober more that anything else in the world .

I saw a post here once where someone who kept relapsing had her AA sponsor say " If you want to stop drinking you need to stop drinking " . This little sentence has stuck with me .

Oh I just saw Horn95 post after I typed this .
Horn95 I know your being nice and kidding but what you say has a point .

I remember a good few years back when I had was hospitalized for 3 weeks with a type of breakdown then months of recovery at home with out patient visits to my psychologist or psychiatrist ( cant remember which . Anyway I was improving slowly asked someone " when will I be cured " and the answer was something like " when you stop talking about panic/anxiety/depression, looking up symptoms , frequenting anxiety forums ,visiting GP for every twinge "
In other words people who's mental health is good 'talk about or think about anxiety and all the related conditions in the same way I don't talk about diabetes as I don't have diabetes .

Normal drinker never talk about or think about alcohol , not really ! So you actually do have a point .
Old 11-15-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Great job getting to 66! You are an inspiration to me! I am approaching Day 50 this week! I like your attitude.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to continually rock your sobriety!!!!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Edit to say :In other words people who's mental health is good DONT 'talk about or think about anxiety and all the related conditions in the same way I don't talk about diabetes as I don't have diabetes .

Thinking too deep ? does this mean alcoholics once on a good recovery path should set it and forget it ,don't talk about it " I never though about drinking today " !!! (If someone tells you not to look for yellow cars you will see half a dozen that day .) I think with addictions we NEED a certain level of awareness of what can happen if we start using the substance we were addicted to . It could prove fatal to us if we ever forget how bad we were .
So IMO while I don't want to preach about my sobriety and that I didn't drink today all the time I also do not want to fall into the illusion of believing I am normal because I know I never will be where alcohol is concerned .
Old 11-15-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

AshleyB I ,m sorry if I ranted too much in your thread . I am on oral and inhaled steroids for an asthma flare up and these things have me climbing the walls with energy , my brain is working at 100 miles an hour .