Notices

A step into new territory

Old 11-14-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A step into new territory

Hello everyone,
I joined because I felt I would like some support in my continued abstinence from alcohol abuse.
I’m 6 days sober, and the main reason for that is because I messed up big here recently. I went on a binge with such a large amount of vodka and so quickly that it knocked me off my feet. I ended up having to go to the hospital where they told me I had drank an amount that could actually put me in a coma or worse. (I think the specific number he said was 449? But I’m not sure what that means.)
Anyway, I had to stay the night getting fluids, and then go inpatient for another 5 days, which was basically hell because I could barely walk and was puking and tremoring, and that brings us to today.
I’m feeling better, although I still have waves of anxiety (although that’s somewhat normal because I have an anxiety disorder).
Before all of this, I was drinking fairly steadily for about 3 years, primarily vodka and beer. Vodka was my drink of choice to abuse because it got the job done quick. The months before this happened, I was steadily drinking about a third of a gallon of vodka almost every day.
Also for reference, I’m 23 years old, 5’11” and 150 lbs.
So that’s a brief background! Hopefully this was the place to post it. Glad to be on the site.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Apollo.
You will find lots of support here.consider joining the November class here.
It’s a thread for the newly sober.
Good luck. Keep coming back.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you're alright. You will find lots of support here. It's a good idea to have a firm recovery plan in place in order to maintain sobriety. Following is a list of recovery programs and tips that we've used.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 11-14-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome!
You made a good choice!

There is so much support here!

Old 11-14-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site, Apollo. I’ve found lots of help on SR with getting sober (day 72 for me). I’d recommend posting on the November Daily Support thread for the accountability. It’s also nice for making friends with other people in the same situation as you. I don’t know how to post links, but you should see it in the Newcomers forum. All the best😀