Notices

Devastated

Old 11-12-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Devastated

Well I had a run sober run. Until last month I said maybe just maybe I can drink in moderation. Boy was I fooling myself. Iv drank 3 times this week. All of which I have drank until I was severely drunk. I can't stop. I cannot drink in moderation. For me that is just not possible. So once again I'm on day 1. But this time I know I just cannot drink again. It's not worth it and I don't want to be a drunk. My partner god bless him gave up with me the first time. He never really drank and one or two would do him. But sometimes I used to try and pressure him into drinking with me just so I wasn't doing it alone. But no more. Iv so much support from my partner I don't need alcohol in my life. I am more determined then ever to do this. I will keep you all updated about my progress.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mr

Hope you get some help and you make it Lola.

What do you plan doing to stay sober and not be tricked by your AV ?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day One here, too!
Old 11-12-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
nez

Don't be devastated, instead look at it as a wonderful lesson that you were fortunate enough to live through. Remember this ". I cannot drink in moderation. For me that is just not possible." For me, it has been the best lesson I have received thus far in 14 years of sobriety because it started my journey in true recovery!
Old 11-12-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

Good luck! We're rooting for you...you will succeed!
Old 11-12-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I’m with you Lola: some part of me keeps thinking I can have a few and enjoy it. Hasn’t actually happened in years and always leads to terrible blackouts, hangovers, etc.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing this!
Old 11-12-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone I have no plan as of yet I just do not want to ever drink again. This time I will stick to it I know it. I'm coming on here all day and I will continue to do so. I am also going to look into aa in my area and see if I can go.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lola1987 View Post
I am also going to look into aa in my area and see if I can go.
Don't look, do so. Get yourself back on track as you deserve better!
Old 11-12-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back lola

Originally Posted by lola1987 View Post
Thank you everyone I have no plan as of yet I just do not want to ever drink again. This time I will stick to it I know it. I'm coming on here all day and I will continue to do so. I am also going to look into aa in my area and see if I can go.
There a lot of good intent in there - follow that up with action and you'll have a great start

D
Old 11-13-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm right with you Lola. Moderation/harm reduction just doesn't work. I've been having loads of thoughts of 'only when I'm out socially' or 'only a couple at the weekend' but it's all lies. I'm trying to remember those sneaky drinks before going out of the blackout drinking when I get home. Good for you for recognising that and making a positive start. If thoughts of moderating come back to you just come on here. I think we all have multiple failed attempts at moderating under our belts. Best wishes to you x
Old 11-13-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've never even thought of moderating my drinking. When I go in, I go in for the kill. I've even had times when I'd start drinking with the blackout in mind. Like I'd know when it was going to happen.

As a result, I don't drink normally ever at all anymore. I don't even get drunk anymore (especially when I drink at home). I just get high and then black out. Then wake up feeling like s**t. Hopefully, those days are behind me now.

I wish you all the best, lola. You sound really determined to kick the drink out of your life. You can do it!!!