Notices

Strangers who care

Old 11-10-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Strangers who care

I am sad right now. But I can come here and know that there are people who don’t even know me who are more responsive than blood. I guess we expect more of some than we should. Note to self...let it go.

Last edited by Oregongirlsite; 11-10-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Smiley
Old 11-10-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you're sad. Is there anything you can do to cheer yourself up - maybe listen to some music or go for a walk? I hope that the sadness passes quickly.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm sorry that you're sad. Is there anything you can do to cheer yourself up - maybe listen to some music or go for a walk? I hope that the sadness passes quickly.
Anna, thanks. I am unhappy with my dtr who lives in London. Feeling like I am in left field in her heart. Long story but just feeling blue. I will send her a text and apologize for being grumpy.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Earth Child

(((((( hugs and Love ))))
Am so sorry you are feeling like this
its FRIDAY Night get some juice put an 80's or 90's or even 70's radio station and dance your butt off
thats what i do when am feeling sad i try to change it
things will get better we are here with you
and if you dance enough you will get tired and hopefully you sleep the night

((((( hugs )))
much love
Alex
Old 11-10-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarkAsylum View Post
(((((( hugs and Love ))))
Am so sorry you are feeling like this
its FRIDAY Night get some juice put an 80's or 90's or even 70's radio station and dance your butt off
thats what i do when am feeling sad i try to change it
things will get better we are here with you
and if you dance enough you will get tired and hopefully you sleep the night

((((( hugs )))
much love
Alex
Great idea. Do we as new people in recovery lay our own unhappiness at another’s doorstep?
Old 11-10-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Might want to go on youtube. I type in some of my favorite music and watch the videos. Always makes me feel better. Then there's always some funny stuff to look up like stupid dog tricks or people do the craziest things. A good laugh always picks up my spirits and helps to get me out of myself for a while. John
Old 11-10-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Everyone has their own way of dealing with sadness and depression. I think it's natural and healthy to have these feelings, so I don't try to mask them by "cheering myself up." I'd go for a nice warm, relaxing bath followed by a good movie in the thriller/drama genre. I just saw a good crime drama last night called "Money" (2106).
Old 11-10-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Oregongirlsite View Post
Great idea. Do we as new people in recovery lay our own unhappiness at another’s doorstep?
Hmm, I think, when I began recovery, it was the first time in my life that I took responsibility for my own unhappiness. Blaming others had been my way of life.

You are doing great. You're finding your way, and the emotions you feel are the emotions you feel. I hope you can accept yourself and accept that you are going to move forward.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's always support here oregonsitegirl -24/7

Fences can be mended, but honestly I think this is a time you need to focus on you and what you need to stay sober .

D
Old 11-10-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope you are feeling better!
Old 11-10-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Oregongirlsite))))

I am sorry that you are sad.

We do care.

Be gentle and kind with yourself. You are healing - physically, mentally and physically; it takes time and there will be ups and downs along the way.

Be patient with yourself.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Fences can be mended, but honestly I think this is a time you need to focus on you and what you need to stay sober .

D
Thanks, Dee. I have to stay connected here. And learn why I do what I do. I will read about the 2 suggested helps you gave...cravings and planning. AND I will post. I won’t run with my tail between my legs. I had 2 drinks yesterday and 2 today and wanted to hide from the friends here.

Last edited by Oregongirlsite; 11-11-2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Smiley
Old 11-11-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you posted OG.

Why not try getting to some meetings as well. I found that I really did need to work on building my network up as I was more prone to hurt and loneliness in early sobriety than before - well, I suppose I was very raw and actually feeling it wihout any respite from alcohol. No longer being able to reach for my fuzzy comfort blanket of emotional oblivion was TOUGH.

The folk on here have been an amazing and important part of that. But so have my friends and 'adopted family' in AA (always wanted a sister - I now have a couple of adopted ones). I also got more involved in my community generally, by volunteering, and trying different clubs and activities.

You are very astute to recognise that damaging nature of our expactations on others - They are what cause us the most pain I think. They make us feel 'let down' by people, which quickly turns to self-pity, and often from there into a resentment. And resentments are poison for our recovery.

Anyway - like I said - I'm glad you decided to post and let us be here for you.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?

BB
Old 11-11-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Glad you posted OG.

Why not try getting to some meetings as well. I found that I really did need to work on building my network up as I was more prone to hurt and loneliness in early sobriety than before - well, I suppose I was very raw and actually feeling it wihout any respite from alcohol. No longer being able to reach for my fuzzy comfort blanket of emotional oblivion was TOUGH.

The folk on here have been an amazing and important part of that. But so have my friends and 'adopted family' in AA (always wanted a sister - I now have a couple of adopted ones). I also got more involved in my community generally, by volunteering, and trying different clubs and activities.

You are very astute to recognise that damaging nature of our expactations on others - They are what cause us the most pain I think. They make us feel 'let down' by people, which quickly turns to self-pity, and often from there into a resentment. And resentments are poison for our recovery.

Anyway - like I said - I'm glad you decided to post and let us be here for you.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?

BB
Tomorrow I am off work, Sunday is a work day. Finding that my days off are REALLY hard. Dee said I need to focus on staying sober. #truth. Your wisdom is well taken. I have to get out of the house. A good long walk is on my agenda.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
#truth