Notices

Failing miserably at sobriety

Old 11-10-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Failing miserably at sobriety

X
Old 11-10-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What is it you are doing, or not doing, that is contributing to relapse? What sort of relapse prevention plan do you have? Do you have a support system? Has anything worked in the past? For me, sobriety took doing something I was very uncomfortable doing and had never tried before - telling people. It's held me accountable, and I go to these people when I'm struggling.

Sobriety isn't something that comes easy. You work, and try, again and again. You CAN do it with the right plan.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For every success story there are probably 2x fail stories so don't feel like everyone can do it but you.

That said everyone has the ability to do it but every case is different. Some people have more severe cases than others. The key is you have to be willing to do whatever it takes to become sober and stay sober. Are you prepared to do that? If you are then I'd come up with a plan. If it means rehab do it, if it means staying away from alcohol for months do it, if it means losing 'friends' then so be it, or going to AA meetings, visiting this site every day etc... Whatever it takes.

People on here can help you come up with a plan. We are here for you. My question would be what made you fail in the past? I'd start there and try to come up with a plan based on that.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tell us whats on your mind Behappy1 , we are here to help no matter what .
Old 11-10-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Boxer

You don’t fail until you stop trying. We have WD-40 because the first 39 patents didnt succeed but ultimately led to the optimum formula. It took me way more than 39 tries to get sober and you just need to find the right plan or combination of plans and you will make it. Keep moving forward BeHappy, you got this :0)
Old 11-10-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi BeHappy1

Many of us faltered a time or two and we want to help, even if it's just to listen...but an X doesn't give us much of an 'in'..

How can we help?