Notices

Day 1...Minute 1

Old 11-11-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wildflower taking a week off work was absolutely the right thing to do. Think of it this way.......you are in fact ill. I would imagine you're not physically or mentally for for work. Brilliant news to wake up to that you got your first 12 hours!
Keep going you're doing amazing!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Wildflower taking a week off work was absolutely the right thing to do. Think of it this way.......you are in fact ill. I would imagine you're not physically or mentally for for work. Brilliant news to wake up to that you got your first 12 hours!
Keep going you're doing amazing!
Thanks for the encouragement, I told work there was a family crisis and I guess that's not really a lie...I was in crisis mode.

30 hours dry!!!!
Old 11-11-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What's bothering me now is the fact that all I want to do is sit on the couch and rest, why do I feel guilty for this? I have no responsibilities for the next 3 days, but my roommate keeps asking me "Aren't you going to work today, or maybe you should get out fora massage ect..." All I really want to do is tell her to "mind your own business"... I hid this last binder from her pretty well, drinking alone in my room for a week...and have no desire to tell her the full story. Sorry I'm rambling on...just need to get it off my chest! Thanks for listening...
Old 11-11-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Your doing really well wildflower, for my first couple of days, I barely moved off the couch.
I know what you mean about the guilt though but you have to forget about all else and concentrate on getting through these early days.
Take it easy and be kind to yourself.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You are ill with detox.
Let the guilt go and rest and rest and rest.
If your mind is spinning, fill up some journal pages,
make a pot of soup, take a shower, watch an old movie,
re-read a book you love, work a puzzle. . .

You're doing great!
Old 11-11-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe this free time is a chance to make an Action Plan wildflower?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 11-11-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Dee74;6669493]Maybe this free time is a chance to make an Action Plan wildflower?

I agree with you Dee. I used to use SR as my only outlet and support system, and while SR is extremely helpful, it's time I see others face to face to talk about my addiction. I need to stop being afraid of walking in the room and saying I need help. I have been searching out groups in my area, and see there are many options....thank you for the reminder that an action plan is needed, chatting about it online isn't enough (for me).