Notices

Day 3 Alcohol Withdrawal - Mild Visual

Old 11-09-2017, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 Alcohol Withdrawal - Mild Visual

Hey guys, need some reassurance that this will get better, started day 1 with INSANE anxiety (couldn't breath thought I was gonna die), nausea, pacing around, pins and needs, itchy body, loud sounds scared me, and then this is the first time I got this symptom: it started as patterns were looking weird and saw mild visuals outside when it got dark, then it frightened me cause I was scared to get worse but now I developed a fear of close together patterns and it makes me nauseous and uncomfortable still although has gotten better since then I looked up and found "Trypophobia" and its apparently a thing.... my question is have you ever had visuals on day one? Or Tryophobia when detoxing? I was self medicating with clonazepam I'm prescribed to avoid anything worse.

I only drank 7/8 days in a row with some cocaine at the beggining.. I'm definitly going to quit because these withdrawals scared the crap out of me. I'm just left now with very bad dysphoria and mild pins and needles... I'm sensing it'll get better... hopefully. I'm new here so hopefully I didn't break any rules.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish this wasn’t so rough alcohol is gruelling drug I don’t know why it’s legal
Old 11-09-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Liebss

I had some visual patterns sometimes but I get those anyway as part of migraines.

Hallucination really shouldn't be ignored tho, even if its only to prove they aren't anything in the end.

If this is something brand new, or something distressing and concerning you, have you considered seeing a Dr at all?

D
Old 11-10-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My doctor is no help other then prescribing me benzos... maybe I should get a new doctor cause those are something I shouldn’t get into.

I was just worried the hallucinations won’t stop lol, I’m sure it’s just withdrawal but felt I had to vent it. I can feel them dissipitating since day 1 so that’s a good sign.

-Cam
Old 11-10-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Leibss please be very careful. Sorry to jump in but if you have Trypophobia or even the pre-disposition to it DO NOT GOOGLE IT.
The internet is absolutely jam packed of creepy images and even the search list contains them and for me they set me off to a horrible place.
It didn't flare up during withdrawal and I was lucky not to hallucinate (and if you are I really would see a doctor) but that "phobia" or whatever it is is absolutely real for me and I've been very disturbed by images on the internet.
That aside, look after yourself during this difficult first week and please don't write off the value of a check up with your GP.
Sorry I'm gonna repeat it DO NOT GOOGLE TRYPOOHOBIA!!!!!!!!
Best wishes to you post often and I hope things settle down soon xx
Old 11-10-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow haha, what would I ask? Just a check up on my liver and blood work maybe? Or being up the hallucinations because I don’t him to think I’m crazy and diagnose me with something intense like schitzophrenia!

but yeah I made the mistake of googling it already ugh even the thought sickens me I shouldn’t have made a post about it cause now other people will!

But thanks for the heads up never gonna do it again ESPECIALLY this first week haha
Old 11-10-2017, 01:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're not satisfied with the treatment you're getting from your doctor you can always go to a new one.

Doesn't sound like you've raised the hallucinations etc with your current doctor tho?

Noone's going to hopitalise you for a mental illness or anything like that - a good Dr will simply want to rule out things like the DTs.

and yeah don't Google - you'll end up with ebola or something

D
Old 11-10-2017, 01:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybe just go in and be as utterly honest as you can. You may find that once you start talking that it all pours out anyway. You'd hope that a decent GP is aware that alcohol withdrawal can result in many symptoms which aren't necessarily indicative of underlying mental health issues. Tell him/her what is happening and that you think it may be withdrawal and let them diagnose with that knowledge maybe?
And yeah I'm saying it again DO NOT GOOGLE TRYPOPHOBIA EVER AGAIN! That's me in mum-mode haha!