Notices

Still sober

Old 11-08-2017, 10:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still sober

I’m pretty happy about this. I keep seeing people in bars drinking. Or on tv. Do they stop after two? Do they end up stumbling around and puking? Are they in pain and filled with shame and remorse the next day?
Old 11-08-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I stopped worrying about that.
The only person I need to be concerned about is myself.

After a while other people and what they drank or didn't drink went back to being what I think it should be - part of the background blur.

D
Old 11-09-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I was getting my haircut last week I was looking at my self in the mirror thinking my face is not all puffed up and red , I am not sweating , the whites of my eyes aren't bloodshot . I thought what a difference from 3 months ago how it,s great to be a non drinker . when I came out I saw 2 chaps going into one of the pubs and thought "I,m glad that's not me .
I seem to be going through a stage of constantly thinking thoughts around not drinking I don't drink,i don't drink , I wonder how bad that guy is ? is he only having 2 beers !! even in the supermarket I start the anti drinking thinking when i,m near the drink isles .
Sometimes I think I am thinking too much about not drinking , in fact it's became almost an obsession which I don't think is healthy .

Idealy I want to be in a place where I am not obsessing about not drinking .
Normal drinkers don't think about alcohol . I know I am not and never will be a normal drinker but also I don't want to be ruminating over not drinking all the time as I think this all this does is keeps me in a guarded anxious state .

Maybe this is a phase , part of the healing process !
Old 11-09-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I still see people drinking. When i was physically addicted i didn't seem to care.

I look forward to a time where i don't think about not drinking.

For now, i still crave, but i don't drink because i have come this far and i am educated about booze.

I don't miss being the drunk. It was pathetic and sad. I won't do that to myself ever again.

It was addiction and now i know. I am so happy to be physically clean i will never poison my body w booze again.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i hope going into bars isnt how ya keep seeing people drinking in them.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I stopped worrying about that.
The only person I need to be concerned about is myself.

After a while other people and what they drank or didn't drink went back to being what I think it should be - part of the background blur.

D
I agree with this. I don't worry about other people's drinking habits... Everyone is different, they might enjoy it, but I don't. To each their own.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I look at it as they can drink and I can't. I'm not normal and if I have one then I'll drink until I'm drunk and trigger the craving. I don't know when I'll stop again whereas others can have a glass of wine and be fine. That won't be me, ever. Once a pickle I can't go back to being a cucumber.