SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   6 Months today! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/418624-6-months-today.html)

Labatty 11-08-2017 02:09 PM

6 Months today!

I can't believe I'm sitting here typing that.

I've had some low points. Mostly that nagging feeling that something is missing, an itch you can't scratch??? I don't know how to explain it, but hopefully this will happen less & less with more sober time.

The wonderfully high points are that my kids & husband are so proud of me & I'm there 100 % for my 5 soon to be 6 grandkids.

I pray I can keep on keeping on. If I can get this far anybody can. SR is my go to & you folks are my heroes.

WeaverBird 11-08-2017 02:19 PM

Hi Labatty, I remember you from our mayflowers thread when I was getting sober. I'm so pleased to see this post from you this evening.

Congratulations on your SIX MONTHS!!!! :scoregood

It's a great milestone isn't it? I got there on the 5th and was stunned I'd got so far one day at a time.

Keep up the good work :c011:

Labatty 11-08-2017 02:23 PM

Thanks Weev & congratulations. I remember you too. It's been quite the journey hasn't it!

Dee74 11-08-2017 02:37 PM

Congrats Labatty :)

If you can work out what you feel is missing that'll go a long way to fixing it.

Don't let yourself be convinced you'll find the answer in a bottle tho - continue the great work you've started :)

D

WeaverBird 11-08-2017 02:39 PM

You can say that again!!!! But look at what we did. (With a lot A LOT of help in my case :) We're pretty amazing, I think.

Has it started to feel like you can relax a bit? I thought for ages the drink would just reach out and grab me by surprise... but it's settling down into a routine and the days are just flying by.

Well then. Let's Keep Going xxxxx

Maudcat 11-08-2017 06:24 PM

Congratulations, Labatty!

Downthepath 11-08-2017 06:33 PM

Congratulations Labatty (and Weev). I dream of reaching 6 months.
I understand completely the feeling of disbelief. I was saying the same thing to Mrs DTP just this morning. I am only on day 81, but I cannot believe that it has actually happened. Before I stopped, the idea of a sober weekend was almost unthinkable.
Even at this stage, though, it is getting better and better.
EVERYTHING is better. Love it.

tekink 11-08-2017 06:34 PM

Congratulations! 6 months is a great milestone. :You_Rock_

least 11-08-2017 06:48 PM

Congrats LB on six months sober! :scoregood Keep going, it will get better. :)

Midwest1981 11-08-2017 07:05 PM

congratulations!!

MindfulMan 11-08-2017 07:14 PM

Congrats!

I just hit mine a few days ago.

Feels good, doesn't it!?

Keep on keeping on!!! You can do it!

SportsFan15 11-08-2017 08:52 PM

CONGRATS to you!!!

That's a huge deal!!! Way to go!!!