SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Help...I'm on the slippery slope (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/418609-help-im-slippery-slope.html)

wildflower70 11-08-2017 08:08 AM

Help...I'm on the slippery slope

Hey guys,
I'm on a slippery slope and can't seem to get back.I'm suffering severe withdrawal symptoms..off of wine. I can't make it to 8am without drinking. I can't seem to stop this time....the symptoms are so bad that I open a new bottle at 8 am...can't work or go anywhere, and I'm sure my roommate has had enough...how do I stop?:headbange

ScottFromWI 11-08-2017 08:16 AM

Welcome back wildflower, glad you are reaching out for help. If you are to the point of physical dependence, you really need to either see your doctor or a professional detox facility. You could also call your local AA or other Crisis hotline to find out information on local detox options.

ChloeRose63 11-08-2017 08:20 AM

If you are serious about stopping get professional help.
Check into rehabs. They helped me out when I was out of control and spirialing downward.

doggonecarl 11-08-2017 08:26 AM

Supervised medical detox, followed by inpatient care.

biminiblue 11-08-2017 09:13 AM

Go to Urgent Care. If you have insurance, call them. If not, look for a location online.

It's a very straightforward process to detox, most likely you'll be able to do it at home comfortably with a few meds. But do something, before you lose that option and are hospitalized out of necessity - or become homeless.

Horn95 11-08-2017 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by wildflower70 (Post 6665552)
Hey guys,
I'm on a slippery slope and can't seem to get back.I'm suffering severe withdrawal symptoms..off of wine. I can't make it to 8am without drinking. I can't seem to stop this time....the symptoms are so bad that I open a new bottle at 8 am...can't work or go anywhere, and I'm sure my roommate has had enough...how do I stop?:headbange

I was the same way. It is an awful place to be. I went through medical detox. It started with phenobarbital, Ativan, and trazadone to sleep. After a day or two they weaned me off of the pheno, then the Ativan, then the trazadone (though I got a prescription when I left). On my last day they gave me only hydroxazine -- a decent non-addictive anti-anxiety drug.

In any event, best advice is to go see a doctor. If your insurance will cover detox -- which it should -- I would go the medical supervised route. If no insurance then go to the ER, or as someone wrote, urgent care. They will prescribe you meds, and you can detox at home.

Best of luck -- and best wishes. You can do this.:c011:

DontRemember 11-08-2017 10:29 AM

When I go hiking/climbing now and I'm on a slippery slope; I dig in with my feet and pull myself up. I think you should start checking out some rehabs(if you're able), If not dump what you have and go to some meetings.

Horn95 11-08-2017 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by DontRemember (Post 6665771)
When I go hiking/climbing now and I'm on a slippery slope; I dig in with my feet and pull myself up. I think you should start checking out some rehabs(if you're able), If not dump what you have and go to some meetings.

That won’t help withdrawal. First things first.

Anna 11-08-2017 11:20 AM

If you are afraid to stop drinking because of the withdrawals, talk to your dr or go to an ER for help. Have faith that you can do this!

AnvilheadII 11-08-2017 11:24 AM

give up the notion that drinking will EVER do anything GOOD for you again. (SURRENDER). as others suggested get to your personal physician, urgent care or the ER as soon as humanly possible and get the help you need.
inpatient treatment is very likely your best next step. don't spend a lot of time of finding 500 options, there will always be OPTIONS, now is the time for one decision followed up by ACTION.

Dee74 11-08-2017 03:01 PM

some really good advice here wildflower. Bundle yourself in to a cab, and get some medical advice from your Dr or from the ER and take it from there..

Thats the fundamental move for now. Be safe.

D

Pondlady 11-08-2017 03:14 PM

How are you doing Wildflower? I hope you sought medical support after you posted earlier today.

anxiousrock 11-08-2017 05:22 PM

It’s okay to ask for help. Go see your doctor, go to the ER, get the help you need. Otherwise it’s going to get worse.

PinnacleOR 11-08-2017 08:25 PM

Wine was my drink of choice, and I can totally relate to cracking open a bottle at 8am. I just got out of detox last week and agree 100 percent it's the way to go. Just pick up the phone and call the EMT, they will come and do all the rest. The trip to the hospital quite saved my life as I was so dehydrated and low on electrolytes. Good luck, you won't regret it.

13 days sober now and feeling a world better

wildflower70 11-08-2017 08:45 PM

I called a rehab place and they want 30K...? does this sound right? Thirty grand to go to rehab?:a043:

NClarke2017 11-08-2017 08:50 PM

I'm not super sure but do you have insurance? Some treatment centers also offer a payment plan, maybe you can inquire? I know that they can be steep.

But I do think that your quality of life will improve and that's no price tag to being alive. Perhaps someone can help you shop around.

I googled it and it looks like prices can range from $10k to $70k, so $30k is in that ballpark.

As expensive as it sounds.. I really do believe YOUR LIFE and HAPPINESS are worth it!!

wildflower70 11-08-2017 08:56 PM

For 30K...I will lock my but in my room and hire a private nurse to take care of me...Gosh when did this become a rich mans solution? :dee

ForestFrenzy 11-08-2017 09:25 PM

That's ludicrous - 30K.

Start with ER then; your insurance surely will cover that. Getting help now is a must.

Your story resonates with me. When I started day drinking I knew I was rounding a corner into the dangerous-severe portion of the Alcohol Dependency Disorder continuum, and that it needed to end.

As mentioned by others: give up the hope that alcohol will ever have a positive effect in your life, surely not one worth the consequences. Start your journey to recovery now, and don't let expensive rehab charges intimidate you. There are other options. Others said that once you get professional care, you may be able to detox at home.

Do yourself a favor and make this a priority - do that for yourself. You've made drinking one. Try this on for size and keep reaching out for support.

Sending your courage, strength and hugs.

Dee74 11-08-2017 09:32 PM

Everyone would love to laze by the pool in Malibu and get better but I'm pretty sure you could find more economical programmes in more realistic surrounds if rehabs what you want...

this is the database of treatment facilities US

https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

Its searchable and you can refine the results according to what you want.

There's also the Salvation Army - free programme but it's 6 months duration

https://satruck.org/Home/NationalRehabilitation

D

wildflower70 11-09-2017 02:32 AM

Thanks for the reply's...I'm into this so deep, I don't feel that I can get out.