Notices

Too long

Old 11-06-2017, 09:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Too long

I am 41 years of age I have three beautiful children and happily married so there is no reason for me to binge drink like I do every weekend for past 20 years drink I drink till I can’t stand,I promised my children last time that would be the last time and it happened again, I can’t believe that my husband has stayed with me for as long as he has
I have tried counseling,books i so desperately want to be the person that I really and not this nightmare of a woman that has no respect for her family
Is there someone that can talk to me and help me through
Old 11-06-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Plenty of folk here for you, but sometimes a conversation face to face or at least on the phone is better that all that typing and reading at first.

I don't know what country you're in or I'd have found a link for you, but if you google AA and your country then you can find hotline number. The people on the other end of the phone are alcoholics who are in recovery who are acting as volunteers - the call will go through to whoever has volunteered for that shift, so in many cases it will be 24 hours, but not all. Why not give them a call for a chat. They will generally listen, share their own expeiences and hopefully give you some hope for your future sobriety and recovery. They can also advise on support available in your area. I should imagine there will be a meeting that you can get to pretty soon if you're inclined to find out more. I was mostly a weekend binge-artist as well, hanging on all week for the promise of oblivion and release come Friday. Now I go to a meeting Friday nights and Sunday nights to keep my weekend safely bracketted. Actually, the Friday meetings are very social and 'fun' (shh - don't tell anyone lol) and I look forward to those ones, esp now I've made some friends in there who I look forward to catching up with.

Stick around here as well, and keep reading and posting.

BB
Old 11-06-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Magot

SR helped me turn my life around and helped me become the person I wanted to be - I know we can help you too

I'm really glad you found us

D
Old 11-07-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Magot,
I am new to recovery and you sound a lot like the way I felt when I decided not to drink anymore. Try to find an AA meeting and go. I was nervous entering that room for the first time but it has put my on the right path. There are many good people there that understand what we are going through. It is working for me and I hope it works for you. -freeofit