Notices

Feeling Lost

Old 11-06-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Lost

Hello. I need some advice in handling this and dealing with my depression. I have been with my boyfriend for about 6 months. Within the last 2 months he has become a full blown cocaine addict. He used to do it in the past.. and now within the last 2 months he started using almost daily. He does so much that he goes into paychosis. He sees things, hears things, etc. We used to see each other all the time, now it is maybe 2 days per week, if that. We argue about the cocaine constantly which drives us even further apart. He gets mad at me wanting to spend the whole weekend with him now... we used to spend almost every day together. When we do see each other, I ask that he not do cocaine around me. He says okay, but he gets really nasty to me in a semi joking way. He just gets very annoying and kind of acts like a jerk. He never wants to leave the house either. The only thing he seems to take seriously anymore is his job. Last year, before I met him he got arrested for calling 911 due to him hallucinating from the coke. Idk what rock bottom will be. When I first met him, he was such a different person. I'm having a lot of trouble not blaming myself. I've been so depressed and I've had so much anxiety over it. All I want to do is sleep. I'm embarrassed that I feel so down over this... I want to walk away but something holds me back. I need some support or advice on how to deal with his. He keeps saying he will get help but he keeps putting it off. I know I can't help someone that doesn't want it. But my depression is so out of control! I have no idea why I've let it make me so sick.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a hunch that getting yourself free of that situation and that person would go a long way toward healing yourself.

Nobody can really be healthy and be in relationship with a fullblown addict, in my opinion.

If I were you, I'd let go of that relationship and focus fully on self-care and self-wellness.

That guy has issues and you can't fix em.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You sound as addicted to him as he is to coke. Hope you find the strength to do what you know in your heart you need to do--which is leave. You have six months invested with a drug addict. Go. It only gets worse. Don't put yourself through years of heartache and suffering.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hon, his addiction sure isn't helping your depression. In fact, I'd say his cocaine addiction is contributing to your depression and/or making it worse. I hope you get help for your depression...but seriously think about your relationship and how it's impacting you. It sounds like as time has gone by you are spending less and less time together anyways. Sending you a big hug. Take care.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Life is too short to spend with people who make you miserable. Free yourself of him, and then use all that time and energy to focus on you and you only. No dating, just self discovery, and hopefully peace of mind.

Good luck.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Abby,

I'm sorry for what you are going through. I think you know that it's time to leave and take care of yourself. It's time for you to start looking after you and dealing with your depression.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

To be blunt, leave him and work on making a good life for yourself. He will only drag you down. Let go or be dragged.

You are not to blame for his addiction.