Notices

Trying to not drink at alle

Old 11-05-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to not drink at alle

I've been sober for the most of four months I've been in treatments.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum. Lots of support here to help you keep that sobriety going. Are you still sober now? If so, congratuations. If not, well... you're here and posting so presumably want to be.

Treating the physical side to addiction is once thing, and a great start. But for most alcoholics it's just the tip of the iceberg. Onceer sober, then we need to work on our recovery so that our sobriety can become bearable, then comfortable, and then (one day) preferable to drinking.

Do you have a recovery plan in place yet? If not, it's probably wise to start thinking about that. Dee has a great thread on making a plan which is as good a place to start as any... https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

Anyway - again, welcome. So pleased you're here reading and posting. This place has been a big help to my own recovery for the last 3 years or so.

Wishing you all the best for your continuing sobriety, and for your recovery.

BB
Old 11-05-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Habiscus

You'll find support here
D
Old 11-05-2017, 01:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome thankyou. I had a slip Friday. so that sucks.feeling good about picking up the pieces though. Maybe I'll get some mileage out if this for my map. # Learn from your mistakes.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Habiscus View Post
Awesome thankyou. I had a slip Friday. so that sucks.feeling good about picking up the pieces though. Maybe I'll get some mileage out if this for my map. # Learn from your mistakes.
Yes. We can learn from our mistakes, and the most imporatant bit is figuring out what we need to change or add in to stop the same mistake happening again. Generally, if nothing changes, then nothing will change. I know I was pretty good at noticing I'd effed up, and thinking that just noticing would make a difference. It took me a long time to realise that if I kept doing things the same way, then chances are I'd get the same results.

So yes, I hope you can figure out where things went wrong and add some things into your plan so it's less likely to happen again.

BB
Old 11-05-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi & welcome Habiscus.
Learning from our mistakes is a great philosophy.
Stay strong
Victor
Old 11-05-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome