Notices

Vigilence in recovery

Old 10-27-2004, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vigilence in recovery

In sobriety, we have to remain vigilent and remain watchful to certain things that pose as obstacles to us or interfer in our recovery. We have to continue to check ourselves and how we react to situations in life. It is important not to get complacent in recovery because I have seen many people fall due to this fact. Always remain watchful and put sobriety first and everything else will fall in place in the way in which it is supposed to be.

Hope
Old 10-27-2004, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope-- Good reminder. Although I don't really feel fortunate right now, I really am because I can put my recovery above all else. I am not working right now, so I can go to meetings and read the literature and post on SR and do healthy things for me and my recovery. Right now I feel like I have had some weird brain injury and I am learning how to walk and think again. Last week I had trouble figuring out how to put a postage stamp on an envelope! Ugh! But in time, with recovery first, it will get better.

jojo
Old 10-27-2004, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning To Let It Be

We also need a support group to call us on our sh$# - we are eachothers eyes and ears.

'You who are on the road, must have a code that you can live by. And so, become yourself, because the past, is just a good-bye.'

Stepping Through Life...
Old 10-28-2004, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Red face

Originally Posted by jojoZ
Right now I feel like I have had some weird brain injury and I am learning how to walk and think again. Last week I had trouble figuring out how to put a postage stamp on an envelope! Ugh! But in time, with recovery first, it will get better.

jojo
Jojo, I feel like I'm overcoming a brain injury too. I forget little things sometimes and sometimes I just feel really weirded out. This does get better with time though. Remember each sober day gets us one step closer to "normal". We're well on the way.

Hope
Old 10-28-2004, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Hope. That's why I come here and go to meetings-- because there are other people who know what I am going through. I used to feel so alone in the hell of my addiction. Now I know that I have a disease and, like it or not, I am stuck with it. I can choose to continue to use and ultimately kill myself or not use and be clean and in recovery. Thankfully, for today, I choose to be a part of the solution.

Hugs,

jojo