SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back after a long hiatus - a week sober. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/418319-back-after-long-hiatus-week-sober.html)

mrrryahj 11-01-2017 06:46 PM

Back after a long hiatus - a week sober.

Some of you guys may remember me, most probably not. If you do - please holler at me through PM I would love to reconnect!

I'll spare the long winded story of my tragic battle with addiction. Been fighting this thing (at first half heartedly and for the last couple years with much more conviction) for the last 10-15 years since I was a young teenager. Graduated from sneaking booze from my parents liquor cabinet to smoking crack, then IV drugs, countless treatment centers and sober houses, more meetings than I could ever count, sponsors, working the steps, smart recovery, psychotherapy, PTSD treatments, books, Trauma based therapy, the lists go on.

So I guess the common denominator in all of these attempts is... hmmmmm... ME! I do not feel sorry for myself in this regard, don't get me wrong. I have always just struggled with letting go of that darned ego that tells me "maybe I can just figure this thing out some day......"

Sometimes I just wish I could get a lobotomy - ya feel me? I'm' my own worst enemy. My brain has a contract out on my a**!

I am currently in a cycle of maintaining periods of sobriety which are followed by devastating relapse. I guess it's better than how I used to be - drinking/using every single day? Or maybe it's worse? I really don't know. All I know is I want it to stop.

But I'm here, back again, because I don't want to die this way. I lost one of my best friends a couple of days ago, she drank herself to death at the age of 31. I'm planning her celebration of life right now. And that might, no, will, be me if I continue to relapse.

I'm also struggling with mad depression and anxiety including agoraphobia which makes it difficult to leave my house some days (even my bedroom some days) so I am really hoping I will find some support on here and connect with some of you fine people when I can't make it out into the real world.

Hope you are all having a fantastic sober day regardless! And thank you for being here!

jryan19982 11-01-2017 06:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I am sure she would not want you to make the same mistake she did. I hope you can find a way to continue your sobriety only you can decide if being sober is better than not being sober. I hope you stick around and see what you can accomplish.

Travissss 11-01-2017 06:56 PM

Good luck man, keep at it. Keep trying.

Dee74 11-01-2017 06:59 PM

welcome back mrrryahj.
I'm sorry for your loss - it's a sobering reminder of how deadly this thing is.

Have you thought about the approaches you might take this time to achieve permanent recovery?

D

SoberLeigh 11-01-2017 09:33 PM

Welcome back, Mrrryahj. I am so very happy to see you.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. What a horrible tragedy.

Please stay close.

nmd 11-02-2017 04:37 AM

Welcome back mrryahj, very sorry about your friends passing

I spent a lot of time putting off getting sober, but it really is worth it and the risks of continued drinking too great. Stick around! Wishing you the best

Stronger2017 11-02-2017 04:45 AM

Welcome back😀 I really hope you can get the success you want this time round.

SoberLeigh 11-02-2017 05:03 PM

Thinking of you, mrrryahj.

So glad that you are back with us.

Hevyn 11-02-2017 05:13 PM

It's great to have you back, mrrryahj. Congrats on your 1 week+ sober. :)
I hope you'll stay & keep posting - we care.

Hats 11-02-2017 05:27 PM

Welcome back Mrrrr

Inchworm 11-02-2017 05:35 PM

Welcome back, myrrr. I am so sorry about your friend's death. Thank you for the potent reminder regarding the gravity of addiction.

PurpleKnight 11-03-2017 03:35 PM

Welcome back Mrrryahj!! :wave:

SoberLeigh 11-03-2017 08:26 PM

Thinking of you, mrrryahj.

Hope the plans for the celebration of life have come together.

Stay strong; I am sure that your friend would want you to be healthy and happy.

least 11-03-2017 09:17 PM

Welcome back! :) Try until you get it right. :)

Done4today 11-03-2017 10:04 PM

Welcome back mrryahjarrrhuyajanhmrr!!!

SnazzyDresser 11-04-2017 03:59 AM

Great that you got back on the right track, mrrryahj. Keep piling up those sober days and improving yourself, onward and upward!

Gabe1980 11-04-2017 01:38 PM

Welcome back. Good to meet you! 😊

Dee74 11-04-2017 05:45 PM

Hows it going mrrryahj ?

D

SoberLeigh 11-04-2017 09:33 PM

Thinking of you, mrrryahj :)

SoberLeigh 11-09-2017 12:50 PM

How are you, mrrryahj?

Sending you love and support.