Notices

A week sober and thought I could control it

Old 11-01-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

7 bottles in 2 days is a record even for me. I don't know what I was thinking. I am out of money now. Lucky I have enough food to last me.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I hate to be a dark cloud but each relapse gets worse. 7 bottles in 2 days could quickly become 4 or even 5 bottles a day. It does not get easier. Now is the time .
Old 11-01-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I looked into rehab. I don't know if I want to be locked up with a lot of drug addicts. Besides I am out of money to drink now. I pay my bills. I am still thinking about it.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Drinking another 2 bottles. I found some change in my car
Old 11-01-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I rang the local rehab. Looking like I get some free counseling before being admitted.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Did you make an appointment for the counselling?
Old 11-02-2017, 12:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

They are ringing me
Old 11-02-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sweetichick iv'e been following your progression from the start and was glad you managed a week . That shows you are trying and that's a plus . I know what its like when you think you've no money left and no drink in the house and you begin to search everywhere , under beds, behind book shelves etc and if you find a bottle or some money it seems like you've won the lottery . That's the addiction ,your out of control .
The above Reponses are what you need to hear and I also agree you need extra help with this as SR is obviously not enough , you need face to face help .
Old 11-02-2017, 02:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well, Everyone's post is very beneficial to those still struggling...including me and very much appreciated. But AnvilheadII got my attention above with his post. I dont know why but just something about his post "Clicked" with me.

I guess a lot of fellow SR members dont want to "Hit too hard" on us who are still struggling but you know what?...Maybe we need it! A good slap in the face and grabbed by the collar and a shouted declaration...."WHATS IT GONNA TAKE" ????!!!...for you to WAKE UP ???!!!...you can NEVER...EVER drink alcohol AGAIN !!!

I know now...I can NEVER, EVER drink again!!! No...NOT ONE!!! Especially the FIRST ONE !!! Maybe we are being treated too...Gentle.

I guess everyone tries to be kind, gentle, consoleing, comforting, when what we really need is a good firm slap up side the face...ME INCLUDED!

Thank You AnvilheadII...your post touched me!...and moved me.

DD
Just my thought. Take it or leave it.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

P.S. I hope no one feels I'am trying to hijack this thread. Thats certainly not my intent. I know Sweetichick is struggling but the question still remains. she needs help, yes...but...

...Are you ready to stop it Sweetichick? You can. Today. It IS within your power.

DD
Old 11-02-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hello:

I read your post before this one and you were already planning on this relapse...

Nothing g changes if nothing changes! Another thing: we will never "lick it"... never. Understanding this is what made it click for me.

I feel your pain and I'm so sorry. You have the key to this jail cell.