Notices

Weekender Thread 3-6 November 2017

Old 11-04-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sao! Wow, Bim...it does look like painting. So beautiful.

Still waking way too early. Awaken at 3am every night, unable to sleep again.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:16 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Wow that was one powerful drinking dream.... I had taken up the wine again with Mr p and was going on about glass sizes.... for a few days. Was checking on how long it was since I stopped drinking.... and was reluctant to reset my count!!!! I was in denial.. ...in my dream. ..
Woken up with a bit of a panic...a mega headache..... and had to really really play it through to realise it's ok it was just a horrid dream.

Gosh I feel drained.

Get better soon Saou.
Amazing eagle picture.
Hugs to all
Gonna get up now and have coffee.... still feel delicate after the dream... almost want to check for evidence.....
Bye for now xx
Old 11-04-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

If the man flu crew were a bunch of men, we'd not get anywere near you sao. We'd show our support by buggering off for a game of billiards or crazy golf.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Sober&Healthy, I know your husband get's mad at you when you drink, but he doesn't want to support you in your efforts to stop? Making you got out to dinner inestaed of you meeting sounds like an attempt at sabotage to me.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Glad your OK Bim really great picture too!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

It's been awhile since I've had a drinking dream Petals, bit I can totaly relate to the denal. In the one's I've had SR was a feature as I tried to rationalize how this drinking session dosen't count. Even though we are releived it was just a dream, the guilt still hangs around for a while longer.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I was at a zoo a long time ago and walked around a turn in the trail and ran right into a couple of bald eagles.... I literally lost my breath I was so awestruck. they are so gorgeous, so grand.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey all,
I could use some good vibes my way. Right now it's 8:21am here in MN. I am going to a bar today to play purse bingo from 12 to 3, so only a few hours. I have no desire to drink, the smell bothers me, I have to drive, I'm picking up my son, relapse isn't an option. I want to stay the entire time to play however if I can't handle it I'll leave.
Thank you a happy Saturday!!
Old 11-04-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Will be thinking about you Dreamcatcher. Leaving early...Better safe than sorry? Just be really careful and accept no excuses from yourself.

Good morning. It is a beautiful fall day here. Heading to town in a few minutes to be with my Mom today. I got back to sleep finally and then overslept and am late fetting to her. I cant feel too guilty though. I really need my own time. Especially morning coffee with my SO...and with my SR buds!!

So good morning, good day, or good evening...I am feeling so great...and I hope everyone is going strong today! So good to see new people on the weekender thread!

My plans are for the weekend are to spend some time with Mom today, maybe take a foliage drive if I can get her to come out in the remaining mild weather. Then grocery shop this evening ( in my area Saturday night is not exactly the best selection, but oh well!). Sunday going to cook and do laundry and work on finances, health insurance options for us all. And I have to work my job a few hours on Sunday, too.

Anybody got a good cook-ahead/keeps-well recipe you want to throw my way? I am drawing blanks!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Look at all the new faces/names. *nods*

Those eagles...they're going to lay this year's egg/eggs any day now. They are a mating pair on year three together (I think it's year three.) Last year I got hooked on the live cam (with sound) and now it's one of my open tabs any time I'm online. They make noises when something is going on, whether it's food, mating behavior, chasing off intruders or whatever is going on. It's really been interesting, there is a forum attached to it, too. It's a whole thing.

Live Eagle Cam

Protip, click "split view" below the image, you get two cameras at one time.

I need to get out of the house!

I'm house/pet-sitting this weekend, which is not my strong suit. Maybe a long walk will help, I tweaked my back yesterday and I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. Sao, send helpers.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Oh! The male just brought lunch to the nest, and the female snatched it!! Now's a good time.

*edit, so the female is the bigger one.

spoiler:

It looks like a rat...mmmm. Lunch
Old 11-04-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
If the man flu crew were a bunch of men, we'd not get anywere near you sao. We'd show our support by buggering off for a game of billiards or crazy golf.
I don't blame you, it's what I would do.

Good luck DreamCatcher. I have found that with a distraction, bingo in this case, it is much easier than if it were just regular bar drinking.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Will be thinking about you Dreamcatcher. Leaving early...Better safe than sorry? Just be really careful and accept no excuses from yourself.

Good morning. It is a beautiful fall day here. Heading to town in a few minutes to be with my Mom today. I got back to sleep finally and then overslept and am late fetting to her. I cant feel too guilty though. I really need my own time. Especially morning coffee with my SO...and with my SR buds!!

So good morning, good day, or good evening...I am feeling so great...and I hope everyone is going strong today! So good to see new people on the weekender thread!

My plans are for the weekend are to spend some time with Mom today, maybe take a foliage drive if I can get her to come out in the remaining mild weather. Then grocery shop this evening ( in my area Saturday night is not exactly the best selection, but oh well!). Sunday going to cook and do laundry and work on finances, health insurance options for us all. And I have to work my job a few hours on Sunday, too.

Anybody got a good cook-ahead/keeps-well recipe you want to throw my way? I am drawing blanks!
I adore cooking but without knowing what you have I'm drawing blank too. Dream catcher and I were talking in chat and the idea of a recipe/ cooking board came up. I love the idea.....
Have a great day! Susan
Old 11-04-2017, 10:01 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

whoa that eagle looks so peaceful on the tree and the sound of the wind its so cool.finally i get to see what this eagle thing is all about have fun house sitting those doggies bimini
Old 11-04-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiesmiles View Post
I adore cooking but without knowing what you have I'm drawing blank too. Dream catcher and I were talking in chat and the idea of a recipe/ cooking board came up. I love the idea.....
Have a great day! Susan
There is a recipe thread that's been ongoing for years in Cafe Central...https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-9-a.html

..and a fitness and nutrition forum (which has a "healthy recipes" thread in the stickies)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...lth-nutrition/

I find soups and stews to be the easiest way for quick meals. Freeze part.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Yes dragon my husband doesn't understand the meeting thing i guess a lot of people don't either. the dinner was at my sister which is nice because we have been strained for a while cause surprise ...my drinking

its okay its sober saturday for me and i will def hit a meeting today i will report back soon
Old 11-04-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Thanks H&S, good to hear.

Hey! Eagle cam has a 360 cam, cool.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
There is a recipe thread that's been ongoing for years in Cafe Central...https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-9-a.html

..and a fitness and nutrition forum (which has a "healthy recipes" thread in the stickies)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...lth-nutrition/

I find soups and stews to be the easiest way for quick meals. Freeze part.
Thanks!!
Old 11-04-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Thanks H&S, good to hear.

Hey! Eagle cam has a 360 cam, cool.
They just turned that on today! It is cool. I didn't want to be all eagle-y excited on the thread...so I'm glad you are.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Unfortunately not much going on at the moment.