Notices

Trying again

Old 10-31-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying again

I've been fighting hard for sobriety for almost a year now, but have only had a handful of booze free stints. Alcohol free today and really want this to be the last time because I hate alcohol and believe I deserve to be sober. Just joined this forum because I know I need all the help I can get. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I battle my addiction.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All of us who suffer, and are recovering, are in my prayers.
Prayer, heartfelt prayers, saved me over six years ago and still save me, and keep me sane, today.

Welcome to the forums.
We all deserve to be sober. And we can. Put as much effort and time into quitting that you did imbibing, drunk and recovering from it into trying to stay sober is a good start.
Have you considered, or tried, some kind of recovery group? It can take action.
And believe me, I needed action.
I drank alcoholically for thirty years. And I was a bad drunk.
I tried and fell flat so many times I can't count them. Solemn oaths, swearing it off and my best intentions weren't enough. I needed help and support. You'll find that here and in AA or another recovery method.

Best to you. And don't give up before the miracle happens. And I pray that for you.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, you have found an incredibly supportive community! It took me a while to finally get sobriety right, and SR has been a big part of my recovery plan.

Two great threads to find support are the monthly classes, you should join November of 2017, you will find the support of others who are also committing or recommitting to sobriety this month.

Another great thread is the 24 hour thread, it's a great place to make the commitment to remain sober for the next 24 hours, and you will also find an amazing group of people who truly care about each other.

Dee has a great link about recovery plans, and I found that actually having a plan focused on recovery (physical, emotional...) rather than just trying not to drink is what has gotten me to 22 months sober today.

You can do this, and I am looking forward to seeing you on SR!!
Old 11-01-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Burns
what kinds of things have you tried to keep yourself sober before?

D