Happy Halloween - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2017, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Happy Halloween

starting off a little stressed but good. 2 kids and craziness this morning. Looking forward to going trick or treating today. Be safe and check in today. What's your favorite costume character? Mine is Jason. The old Jason, not the new one
Newdavisdawning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Newdavisdawning For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (10-31-2017), Ghostlight1 (10-31-2017), saoutchik (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

HAppy Halloween to you too! We are all tucked into bed now after an exciting afternoon. Halloween is just starting to be a thing here. The little village threw a huge party for the kids with a magician and a show. They gave out pizza, popcorn, cotton candy. My sons (and me!) dressed as witches. We went trick-or-treating with their schoolmates. Not everyone handed out candy but a lot did. We got home and the dumped it all out to check it out. It was honestly the lamest halloween haul Iíve ever seen with my American eyes. All the little jelly candies and hard mints, some random, loose m&mís thrown in. But the kids were hysterical with joy, absolutely over-the-moon and declared it the best day of their lives! It was so sweet and fun. Tonight the same area has turned into a late night party for families and moreso for aduts. There is an ABBA cover band (random!!) and lots of drinks and a dinner with long tables set up in the street. We were all cold and I wasnít too keen to stay once the drinks started flowing more freely. Several of the other school moms commented on my water bottle and said ďah, come on, have a prosecco!Ē I said repeatedly that I donít drink, I think they just were trying to be nice. It was fine, it didnít really bother me. One mom did ask me rather quietly, ďso you really donít drink?Ē I said ď no, you know I found I was getting drunk a lot and I just didnít like that so I prefer to not drink at allĒ. Easy, legitimate explanation without going into the full extent of the problem. She said ďwell, thatís smart of youĒ. Anyway, nice day all around. Oh, and I ate three donuts! And negotiated with my sons for the few m&mís- the only chocolate in the bags!!!
Meraviglioso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meraviglioso For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (10-31-2017)