Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Healthy&sober former sober&healthy 90 meetings in 90 days accountability thread

Notices

Healthy&sober former sober&healthy 90 meetings in 90 days accountability thread

Old 11-12-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

It won’t continue to feel so lonely. You are still crossing to the other side, to where normal life is non-drinking, and your friends are the ones who don't drink. You might need to leave the house if hubs just has to have a drink while you are there. Go to a meeting, go to the gym, go for a walk. If it is too late...go to bed.
If he doesn't enjoy drinking alone, he may stop doing this to you.

Hang in there, HAS...your life without alcohol is going to get better and better. You deserve sobriety. No one deserves the hell that alcohol puts people like us through.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My husband has continued to drink, even to serious excess, since I quit.

It's just something I have had to learn to deal with.
Of late, he's cut back and is more discreet--one could say "hiding" his consumption
but his drinking or not drinking has no impact on my decision to choose sobriety.

But I get how irritating it is--get some nice stuff in the house you can have
like fancy teas, hot chocolate, cider and spice, decaf quality coffee, sparkling
water and juice, etc.

If you have a "go to" like he does, you'll feel better and not so deprived.
Hubs is now kind of jealous of all my different kinds of drinks.
HA!
Old 11-12-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

So glad to see you're hanging in there, H&S ~ can't imagine how much that must suck! Kudos for your strength....

Let us know how your next meeting goes! I should go to another one too......
Old 11-12-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Like Hawkeye, have many kinds of teas and drinks too. I really enjoyed hunting out and discovering new and interesting drinks. Lately I seemed to have settled on sanpellegrino pomello mixed with club soda. Another favorite is Schweppes bitter lemon, (only seems to be available in the British aisle). Today I spent some time in the tea aisle and chose a 'Tea pigs' herbal tea with vanilla.

As for relaxin’ and chillaxin’, I discovered I have a fondness for Ukulele and practice nearly daily. I also discovered that I’m much more outgoing and I have a blast shopping with my daughter . All things I never did before.

Give it time, you’ll find your groove.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I hope so! thank you guys for the advice I am getting myself some drinks and teas ha ha those are drinks too. I really hope to find my groove ha ha

well i kind of felt good today when husband was sick all day in the couch for drinking too much beer i kept making noises really early in the morning

I will report about my meeting tomorrow i really like this one

good night guys!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I want/need this

Omg. Maybe this would help. I never can do this. It’s a joke to even think I could but I need something. I losing here.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

of course you can Pressmetilihurt,

there is a lot of support on SR, I am rooting for you!

Day 20 for me i have a very busy and stressful day today

I will report tonight for sure after my meeting. Thank you everyone!
Old 11-13-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

We can all do this--let's stay connected and keep supporting each other.
I'm glad you posted press--yes--having other "treats" really does help
Old 11-13-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Day 20 HAS! that's wonderful.
fist bump.....
Day20FistBump.jpg
Old 11-13-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

i need help tonight, i have been crying non stop i feel so horrible.

my manager just serve me with a final warning basically if i don't meet these two last months of the year targets I'm fired

i am heart broken i don't know what to do. i didn't went to my meeting because i was so distraught crying its so horrible i don't think i can do this

i feel like a loser I'm still sober but how can i handle this i am losing my job because theres no way I'm making those targets, what to do next obviously i suck at this

the meeting was so humiliating among the reasons she gave for the final warning was that i have my computer open on meetings

i am for sure losing my job theres is no way i can turn this around. what I'm going to work on i feel i have no skill my confidence is gone. i can't stop crying about this and i really don't want to drink because it will make things worst but i feel what is the point
Old 11-13-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Your absolutely right HAS, drinking wont help one bit and I'm so glad to see your sticking to your resolve. I'm sorry your having to go thru such a hard time. Alcohol robs us of our confidence and makes us think there is no other way.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hey HAS, just a suggestion, but maybe you could try posting how your feeling in the one year and under or weekenders or other busy threads to get some more support and feed back....
Old 11-13-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Take everything a day at a time, HAS. You can get through even this, and with your wits about you if you hold on to your sobriety. First, no matter how final things sound, you can’t know how it will turn out until the time passes. Second, this job and company sound like the pits, and you are worthy of a better working life, where things are not purely dog-eat-dog. You are a bright and ambitious lady. Alcohol runs us down in our own minds, so terribly. It lies. You are so much more.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thank you Bixbee and dragon i will post in the other threads thank you for the support i am feeling very overwhelm at the moment
Old 11-14-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I second both Bixbee's and Dragon's comments....

I remember a previous job where I heard the boss making similar unreasonable demands to a coworker....I wasn't even the one being talked to and it still turned my stomach. You deserve much better than that!

Hope today has been better for you
Old 11-14-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thank you purplrks and everyone, it was rough today i though about Dee, i mean I'm sober but it was not a very dignify day

STDragon what is Ukulele? by the way i hope your daughter and her hamster are well!

well day 21 meeting 9,

as it is to be expected i shared my work struggles at the meeting , so somebody who was there shared after me that she had fired someone today

she said she fired her employee for bad attitude and thank me because my share make her realized she feel compassion for this woman she fired

Well thank you God I guess i did my part but i don't want to do my part i want to show that B7^%h of a manager that i can blow these goals and do this job and then quit and tell her to take this job and $%^&** #@$ :take this:

Sorry very mature ah...... i guess I'm probably going to have to start thinking about doing those steps

Thank you all for putting off with me.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

day 22
Old 11-15-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyandsober View Post

as it is to be expected i shared my work struggles at the meeting , so somebody who was there shared after me that she had fired someone today

Well thank you God I guess i did my part but i don't want to do my part i want to show that B7^%h of a manager that i can blow these goals and do this job and then quit and tell her to take this job and $%^&** #@$ :take this:

good on ya for opening up at the meeting.
still amazes me that,even now, if i have something im struggling with and take it to a meeting, i get solutions or actually help someone else.

instead of showing your mgr you can do the jobs, why not show yourself? it would probably help make ya feel better about yourself.
something common amongst alcoholics is we typically accel at our careers/jobs.
when sober,that is.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thank you Tom,

I hope so my life get better after sobriety so far is not the case but I guess I have to wait and have some faith in this.

Yes I like that about meetings is like a huge group therapy sessions it keep into perspective that no matter my struggles life is still happening around me and I need to deal with it.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

HAS, i had, in my perception, NOTHING getting better for the 1st 3 months. i was quite miserable after my last drunk- rather suicidal.
i mentioned it to a man after a meeting one day, and also said i had faith in the program and process. he said,with a smile,"well of course it doesnt seem anything is getting better. first off, youre lookin from the inside out and im lookin from the outside in. as it is, youre not cryin at meetings any more, you have a lot gained faith in the program, youre listening at meetings and even talkin to the people in detox after and offering them hope.. plus i think yiure probably lookin for drastic changes. they will come- one little change at a time."
that really got me thinking! i was actually starting to see why i hated myself. i was learning why i hated myself-learning aquite a bit about me and also working at changing me.
but, which is another typical trait with alcoholics, i was impatient- i wanted it all and i wanted it NOW!
accepting that years of drinking and the damage done wasnt going to get fixed and changed over night was a bugger, but it sure helped.