Notices

Alone

Old 10-28-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alone

Hi, I am new here. I have been reading all of the forums for a while now and thought I would give it a shot.
My boyfriend of six years is a heroin and crack addict and recently started abusing his klonopin. We were together for four years before he started using heroin, and that's why it has been so hard for me to get out of this relationship.
He went to rehab for about four months and was sober for two more after he got out. I started finding needles and noticed odd behavior, that's when I knew that he had relapsed. He of course denied all of it like he always does, even though the evidence was all right there. He is on strict probation so I have no idea how he is passing his drug tests.
But recently he was prescribed klonopin, which I was entirely opposed to because I had a cousin that committed suicide while he was abusing klonopin. I started counting my boyfriends pills because he was acting weird. He gets 60 pills every month. One day I counted them and he had gotten them filled two days prior. 22 pills were missing. I am really not quite sure what to do at this point. I don't know if I should call his doctor and tell them what is going on or what I should do..
Tonight he was the highest I had ever seen him. He was denying that he had done anything, but he couldn't even keep his eyes open or make out a full sentence. Finally, he told me he shot up heroin, smoked crack, and took 8 klonopin. He told me he wanted to commit suicide. I tried to call 911 but he ripped my phone out of my hands and started getting violent.
I am really at a loss at this point. I am emotionally and mentally exhausted. I want out of this relationship more than anything but I feel stuck. I love him and I always will, but he's hurt me so much and I can't do it anymore. I feel stuck because he told me that he wants to commit suicide and me breaking up with him would set him over the edge..
Somebody, anybody. Please help.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi weavecou and welcome to SR.

I'm sorry for what brings you here but I know you'll find support.

If you want to leave the relationship, I think thats a reasonable and healthy thing to want.

If your partner really cared about you and the relationship son;t you think he'd be working hard at changing his ways, not serving you up with suicide threats to get you to stay around and endure the status quo?

D

Last edited by Dee74; 10-28-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Weave. As hard as it is, I would really strongly advise you to do what is best for you, which, in this case, would be to leave him. The addiction is a higher priority than you and you have no control over it or him. He has to make a decision and commitment to sobriety and he may never do so. If you take a peek at the friends and family forum (or re-post this over there), you will hear countless stories just like yours.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, Weave.
Welcome
Very sorry for your situation, but glad you found us.
Only you can decide what is best for you, but it sounds like not much of a life for you right now.
Is this where you want to be in 2 years, 4?
We all deserve to be with someone who puts us front and center.
Doesn’t sound like that is true for you.
Peace.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2/2016

I echo what everyone else here has said. He is killing himself right now, slow suicide as it is; and you have not left. Leave at once. You must save yourself.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can find the courage to put yourself first and leave this troubling relationship. He's holding you hostage with threats and shows no sign of wanting to get clean. You deserve better than this.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry for your situation.

Violence is never okay, ever. And, it's unlikely it will happen only once.

You deserve peace and safety in your life.

I'm not sure where you are so I'm posting all the Domestic Violence info we have. Please make sure you are safe:

The National Domestic Violence Hotline The Hotline (US)

International Directory of Domestic Violence Agencies

Canada: Home « HotPeachPages International
Canada: domestic violence information « HotPeachPages International
UK: call Women’s Aid at 0808 2000 247.
https://www.qld.gov.au/community/get...-getting-help/
call 1800RESPECT at 1800 737 732.
Worldwide: visit International Directory of Domestic Violence Agencies for a global list of helplines and crisis center
Old 10-28-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Weave!!

It's definitely not easy, but YOU also deserve a shot at some happiness, and a life built upon your own hopes and dreams.

I don't think it's quite fair for anyone to throw onto others emotional blackmail of any sort.

Don't let your own life pass you by waiting for someone else to change, as what if it never happens, it's perfectly reasonable to turn the tables and expect certain behaviour over a period of time prior to continuing with a relationship!!