Notices

51 hours since last drink

Old 11-05-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Welcome

Originally Posted by Stacey2017 View Post
I'm glad I found this site. First time I've ever joined a recovery help forum. I will look here everyday for support and motivation. I'm scared but I can do this
Welcome! I feel the same way!!❤️
Old 11-05-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Rooting for you Stacey.

Don't let a couple of false starts put you off the main event. The trick is to learn from those slips. What were you thinking, feeling, doing? Were the HALT triggers in play? (Hungry Angry Lonely Tired). What could you add into your plan to get you past these difficult times? (If you haven't got a plan yet, maybe it's time to make one?)

Like you I really value the support on here. I also make good use of the support that I get face to face at AA meetings. The people I meet there are like my special recovery clan - I seem to have some wonderful AA Gramps, and Aunts and Uncles, and Cousins and Brothers and Sisters, as well as AA friends and aquaintences. Being able to shout out to another AA sober-sister to go for a coffee, or just grocery shopping together so we can ignore the alcohol aisle more effectively really is a blessing. Chances are you'd be surprised at the meetings going on near you. It's like platform 13 3/4 in Harry Potter - you just don't realise those meetings are there til you choose to push through the invisible barrier.

Take care, and don't beat yourself up too much. That's just a waste of emotional energy, and you need all of that for getting well.

BB
Old 11-05-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stacey, the main thing is that you keep working at recovery. Try to add something to your daily plan that will help you get past the tough moments.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. So i fell massively and I think I've been on average 35 units a day for last 2 weeks. Some things have happened recently...but thats called life and its no excuse. I embarrassed myself as my neighbour caught me off guard about 8pm when I was hovering about outside about to go and get more drink...already drunk of course but I didn't think so...so I started telling her a massive sob story and was crying. She was very kind but I could tell she was shocked and very taken aback to put it mildly. She's never seen me even seem down in 2 years and now I have to wake up tomorrow knowing I made a complete pratt of myself
Old 11-11-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I could count on one hand the times I've threw up because of alcohol....its like my body needs and accepts it...its always been that way...but tonight I threw up badly. I can't live like this anymore. The shame is killing me alone. I need to start day 1 again today. Remembrance Sunday. I want to be brave and start again today on this emotional day
Old 11-11-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Great to see your post.Keep it up !!
Old 11-11-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm reading all my messages again. I was too ashamed to look before. Thank you everyone I'm getting my head right now
Old 11-11-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

here's to your Day One Stacey
any ideas on what you might add to your staying sober plan this time?

D
Old 11-11-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Darth Paul View Post
Great to see your post.Keep it up !!
Thank you 🤗🤗
Old 11-11-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
here's to your Day One Stacey
any ideas on what you might add to your staying sober plan this time?

D
I might go to my local AA meeting monday night....whats the worst that can happen eh! I'm still drunk atm so I'm feeling brave but I feel that maybe I'm ready to go